Two more casting confirmations for Wiz of Oz

matleo

Reaction score
Hey gang, just pulled this off of comingsoon.net They've cast the Wizard and Uncle Henry. Unfortunatly, if there are any anti-MFS people you may not like their choice of Wizard.

here's the article.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=6425

--Matt

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
Jeffrey Tambor and David Alan Grier

I like those additions. I'm not thrilled with the entire cast, but I think Jeffrey Tambor and David Alan Grier are funny. One of my favorite shows is 'Arrested Development', and Jeffrey Tambor is hilarious on it. Plus, I really liked David Alan Grier on 'Life with Bonnie' -- when it was on the air. I think they could provide some real comedy to their respective roles. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Wow - they really took it close to the filming to officially cast those roles. I wonder if they were holding out for someone else or something.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Uh oh. No way can they have done that. The WIzard has to be Bunsen and Beaker. Oh my holy cow.

Randlev

Reaction score
No, no, the wizard's gotta be human. He comes from our world, too, just like Dorothy, he's not from Oz. It's nothing like I expected but I love Jeffrey Tambor as the wizard. I think he's really funny, and can be charismatic and quite the "sentimental man" that the wizard is. It's also cool to see a familiar Muppet face. Kids will recognize him from MFS, and I think adults will get a kick out of him too.

I don't have as much of an opinion on David Alan Grier, but I've liked what I've seen, and I think he'll compliment Queen Latifah quite nicely. I'm just glad that these main roles are actually being filled by actors that I recognize and know, I'm excited for these little bits of star power.

Once again, this film is shaping up to be very interesting, but so far I'm liking how it's shaping up.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I like Tambor. But I'm a fan of "Larry Sanders." Hey now. :big_grin:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Sorry if I sound totally dumb here but I can not think of who either of those actors are. :confused: Who did Jeffrey Tambor play on MFS and what are some things that David Alan Grier is on? I'm sure I know who these actors are but I'm just haing trouble putting faces with the names. Thanks to anyone who can give me info.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I like Jeffrey Tambor too.Always have since Three's Company. He's going to make a fine wizard.

McFraggle

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
Sorry if I sound totally dumb here but I can not think of who either of those actors are. :confused: Who did Jeffrey Tambor play on MFS and what are some things that David Alan Grier is on? I'm sure I know who these actors are but I'm just haing trouble putting faces with the names. Thanks to anyone who can give me info.
Tambor was the goofy CIA operative who spent much of the film opposite Bobo Bear. David Alan Grier is probably best known for his roles on "In Living Color" and more recently "Life With Bonnie."

janicegroupie

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
Tambor was the goofy CIA operative who spent much of the film opposite Bobo Bear. David Alan Grier is probably best known for his roles on "In Living Color" and more recently "Life With Bonnie."
Thanks fo the info. Now that I know who they are I think I can definitly see Tambor as the wizard. He'll probably do a good job.