Tvs

Whataday

Reaction score
British Fraggle Rock - T.V.S

I noticed on another website that Fraggle Rock was a three way co-production between CBC, Henson and TVS.

TVS was a part of the ITV Network in the UK, the same as Lew Grade's ATV. Was any of the production of Fraggle Rock done in the UK, or did TVS just help finance it?

I notice that this clip http://www.october.abelgratis.co.uk/childrens/misc/fragglerock.rm has the TVS animation at the beginning.

Whatever

Reaction score
It's cool to see how the English opening looked like!

Whataday

Reaction score
How different are they to the American titles?

Whatever

Reaction score
Wellll, I couldn't really describe it, because, some of it it the same, like the bit at the very end, but we don't have a lighthouse shot ot Junior Gorge catching a Fraggle. I know we have a different actor playing Doc. Or actually he may be named something different for you, I mean the human. He doesn't live in a lighthouse for us.

Whataday

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Doc is called The Captain in the UK version.

So it's likely that TVS were responsible for all the scenes which feature the lighthouse?

Whatever

Reaction score
I guess so, I don't know who did the different versions really.

Whataday

Reaction score
I kinda like the way the British version opens, with the shot of the lighthouse. I wonder why they made it different in each country. I believe the French version was set in a bakery.

Stulz

Reaction score
Whatever said:
IWellll, I couldn't really describe it, because, some of it it the same, like the bit at the very end, but we don't have a lighthouse shot ot Junior Gorge catching a Fraggle. I know we have a different actor playing Doc. Or actually he may be named something different for you, I mean the human. He doesn't live in a lighthouse for us.

The opening is exactly the same as the US version execpt for the Lighthouse exterior and interior shots. As soon as you go through the Faraggle hole it's the same as the US. And yes, even the Gorg scene is the same.

Still cool to see. I've never seen any of the foriegn Fraggle eps, except the clips that were used during Down at Farggle Rock: Behind the Scenes!!!

:excited: