TV Tropes

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I love TV Tropes. Pretty much every overused cliché (among other things) you can think of is there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I recently proposed a couple of new tropes... neither of them made the cut apparently.

One was based on a Nostalgia Critic comment: "Abuse to Women is Funny", which they rejected saying that it made it seem like they found abuse funny (even though they used to have a trope "Abuse is Okay When it is Female on Male", though apparently they renamed it).
The second being "Can I Say Something?", where you have different characters arguing or deep in conversation about something, someone else asks to say something, and is met with "NO!", while the arguement or conversation resumes. That one was rejected too, apparently again they had issues with the name.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the first one you mentioned would be covered under their "Slapstick Knows No Gender" trope.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I was a huge addict to TVTropes, but I've now mostly cut it out of my life. That being said, I do have an account on there (Ozythehaystack) and the one page I still do look at on occasion is the Fan Fic Recommendations page. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the first one you mentioned would be covered under their "Slapstick Knows No Gender" trope.
That's what somebody pointed out, but the trope I suggested was more specific than that; it wasn't necessarily slapstick or physical humor, but also, what would really be actual harm, yet still played for laughs (and specifically to women).

But yeah, someone else suggested it should include both male and female, and other person suggested a name change to something like "Black Comedy Abuse".

No one's suggested another name for the "Can I Say Something?" one I suggested .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought of another one, that I'm sure probably won't make the cut either, but it's something that's been rattling around in my mind: "Same Episode, Next Season"; word play on the phrase, "Same time, next year", in which certain series like to do a certain kind of episode at least once a season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never mind, I forgot about the already-existing "Once a Season" trope.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy crap, I had no idea Based On A Dream was a trope! That's how I've come up with most of my work! :big_grin:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I have too many favorite tropes to mention, but the ones best describing me are Granola Girl (or hippie chick), Deadpan Snarker (really, really sarcastic person), and The Ladette (basically a grown-up tomboy).