TV shows you wish would come back

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know about coming back, but I always thought it would be neat to see a Full House reunion.
Except that John Stamos is the only one that wants to do it. Really. He even planned one himself (theatrically, no less), but no one was interested. Worst part is... well..

In 2009, Stamos announced that a feature film based on the show is still on. Stamos told The New York Daily News, "I'm working on a movie idea, but it wouldn't be us playing us. I'm not 100% sure, but it would probably take place in the first few years." Stamos has Steve Carell and Tracy Morgan in mind for the roles of Danny and Joey respectively.
I really hope that was Wikipedia being Wikipedia again. Sounds terrible, and I doubt Steve Carell would want to do that sort of thing. He seems to have moved to smaller dramedy movies since he left The Office. Kinda stinks because I'd LOVE to see him do another Get Smart. But I don't relish the idea of Tracy Morgan in Dave's role... I mean, Dave was THE reason I watched, and we need to see more of him as a voice over actor (had the Plastic Man show happened, he would have been the Chief of Police... he was in the pilot). But Tracy's humor is completely different, and I can't separate him from his 30 Rock persona. That's supposed to be him making fun of himself, but all too often, you don't see where self parody ends and actual self begins.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
America's Most Wanted.

I know it's supposed to be on Lifetime right now, but I can't ever find it on their schedule... and it's supposedly been on Lifetime practically all year; FOX, in it's lunacy, aired a mini-series of two-hour specials after they canceled, but the last special in the series aired back in April.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's been confirmed some show is coming back...

I don't know what to think about the Orange Dragon (please tell me they got Wayne Knight back to voice Dojo) and glasses wearing Mini-Omi... not to mention the new French production company.

I HOPE they manage to tie up the loose ends the series had.

robodog

Reaction score
Ah, Earl...

NBC said "We're going to cancel it." Then Garcia said "Fine! I'll wrap it up!" Then NBC says,"NAW, we're gonna wait and see about that. Do that cliff hanger ending you wanted." "Fine," Says Garcia. Then NBC says "You know what? it's too late, but we're completely screwing around the network, so we're ending the show as far as you got."

And that's why we have a cliffhanger. NOT because Garcia wasn't going to wrap things up anyway, but because NBC is run by idiots... this was during the infamous Jay Leno 10 PM show debacle.
I think they pretty much did the same thing with ALF. It ended with a cliffhanger that had him being captured by the government. But at least ALF got a movie to kind of wrap it up. On an entirely different network I might add.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think they pretty much did the same thing with ALF. It ended with a cliffhanger that had him being captured by the government. But at least ALF got a movie to kind of wrap it up. On an entirely different network I might add.
Unless you followed the comics.

The comics had a much, much happier ending. The Tanners manage to bamboozle the Alien Task Force with their pet dog (that only existed in the comic, and near the end of the run, too), and having them report back looking like fools, they'd never be able to bother ALF and the Tanners ever again. Meanwhile ALF marries Rhonda... to Skip, and they all wind up living with the Tanners at the end.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Unless you followed the comics.

The comics had a much, much happier ending. The Tanners manage to bamboozle the Alien Task Force with their pet dog (that only existed in the comic, and near the end of the run, too), and having them report back looking like fools, they'd never be able to bother ALF and the Tanners ever again. Meanwhile ALF marries Rhonda... to Skip, and they all wind up living with the Tanners at the end.
That does sound like the preferable ending. :smile:

robodog

Reaction score
Well it's better than implying he was going to be taken away to be dissected by government scientists anyway. That would have tied with Dinosaurs for most depressing series ending ever.

dwmckim

Reaction score
- One Life to Live. Even though General Hospital has essentially become OLTL with its headwriter/producer and several characters moving over to it, it still needs to return as its own entity...Prospect Park's rights to it expire in January and a lot of people are still interested in it so fingers crossed...

- What i wouldn't give for there to be a modern incarnation of Laugh-In.

- Night Flight! Even if just as an internet show, i think it would work well in that form...but of course if it was back on proper tv, i'd happily stay up to watch it (or let my vcr run to review it later) Hey, it was brought back once before!

- Twin Peaks

- Farscape

- Julie Brown needs to be back on television in a regular series.