TV Alert: Watch Kermit at the National Christmas Tree Lighting

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Watch Kermit and many other celebrities at the Presidential Christmas Tree Lighting. An on-line stream will begin at 4:30 eastern, 3:30 central. The ceremony will also be broadcast on many PBS stations accross the country beginning Friday.

Watch it happen here live...
http://www.thenationaltree.org/tree-lighting/

From the official website...

Online and On-Demand

This year, experience the magic of the National Christmas Tree Lighting any time you want without ever leaving your home. Watch the pre-show and tree lighting ceremony starting at 4:30 pm ET on December 1. And following the live online stream, the show will be available anytime on-demand right here at www.thenationaltree.org.

Broadcast

In partnership with WETA, Washington, D.C.’s flagship public broadcasting station, public television stations nationwide will begin airing the 2011 National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony on Friday, December 2 and continue throughout the holiday season. Viewers are invited to check for local airdates or check their local public station schedules for broadcast dates and times.
After you see the appearance let us know your thoughts.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The local NBC station here just happened to tune in to the live stream just as Kermit was reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" with Michelle Obama.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
His appearances were wonderful! I loved his reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas with Michelle Obama and the bit he did with Santa- Kermit at his finest!!

You can't welcome in the holiday season without Kermit- so glad he was there- I was only a few blocks away at my office, but I watched it on-line. If I knew earlier I would have definitely taken the day and camped out to see him- oh well it was still a great appearance!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
What I really LOVE about the promotion for this movie/the Muppets being reintroduced into the cultural consciousness...is the fact that Kermit gets routine work as an entertainer, day after day, week in week out and he can get a little more cheeky, have a bit more fun, round out his performances, develop some new catch phrases (Amphibian American anyone???) and really dig deep to bring about amazing performances like this one.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Puckrox

Reaction score
I watched his video this morning as I was getting dressed for school. What a perfectly lovely way to start the day.