TV Alert: The Count on Katie October 31, 2013

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday don't miss a very special appearance by Count von Count on the Katie Couric show. Muppeteer Matt Vogel will be performing The Count for this Halloween appearance. The Count will also be discussing Sesame Workshop's new "Every Day is a Reading and Writing Day" program.

Check local listings for stations and times in your area. (In most markets Katie airs at 3 pm eastern, 2 pm central.)

After you see the appearance let us know your thoughts!

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They didn't really let him do much, and he was shoved at the end... but you've got to love how enthusiastic the little kids were... even if that Spider-Man kid thought he was Oscar.

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
His appearance was a bit of a cameo, but the kids were soo cute. I giggled when the kid dressed as Spider-Man mistaken him for Oscar. Overall, it was a nice appearance and worthwhile to promote a children's book.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I loved it! Especially when the Count said to the Spider-man kid, "Did you just call me Oscar?"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if the kid knew who he was and was just trying to be "cute" with that. You never know.

I think I see the difference between Jerry's Count and Matt's Count now. I hear more gruffness in Matt's. I haven't really noticed it before and I think it's because it's sort of the same deal with Steve's :smile: and Eric's :mad:, etc. When something is taped they have more time to rehearse, but for live appearances they're just sort of winging it and don't have a lot of time to get the voice right. Just my theory. Overall, Matt is doing well for just starting out and I really liked the appearance.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It's nice to see The Count again. It's too bad that Jerry Nelson died.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Love this appearance. I will say Couric's plug of the reading program might be the most awkward plug in the history of broadcast television.