TV Alert: Stuffed and Unstrung on The Celebrity Apprentice Sunday April 15

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company "Stuffed and Unstrung" adult puppets will be on The Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday April 15.

Other than last year's Grammy performance, this will be the biggest exposure yet for the Henson Alternative Stuffed and Unstrung characters.

The full official show description is:

Celebrity Apprentice - "Puppet Up!"
April 15, 2012 (09:00PM - 11:00PM)
The celebrities get creative when they are tasked with designing two original puppets and performing for an adult audience with Henson Alternative’s improvisational troupe, "Stuffed and Unstrung."

This week, the teams must create their own puppets and perform in front of a live audience for Henson Alternative’s "Stuffed and Unstrung" improv show. One outspoken Celebrity struggles to be a team player. On the other team, another Celebrity fights for a role in the task, but is marginalized and has a breakdown. Both teams put their improvisational skills to the test, but only one is declared the winner and another Celebrity hears Donald Trump’s dreaded words, "You’re fired!"

Watch preview videos here...
http://www.nbc.com/smash/video/Puppet-Up/1395413

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/15/celebrity-apprentice-lisa-lampanelli-clay-aiken/

If you watched the show, please like this thread and post your thoughts below.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I'm just about to see who gets "fired", lol. I never watch this show, but how could I miss any televised Henson anything? :wink: The celebrities did really great; both performing and building, and yes, it was AWESOME seeing Brian and other puppeteers on the teams! :big_grin:

ploobis

Reaction score
It was really fun to watch.

It must of frustrated the heck out of Victor Yerrid to teach that Jersey chick how to puppeteer and lip-sync properly.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We enjoyed the show. It was fantastic exposure for The Jim Henson Company and the Stuffed and Unstrung performers and shows. Kudos to everyone involved.

Did anyone else find it ironic that celebrities from both teams starred on Muppets Tonight? Arsenio Hall and Penn Jillette, respectively. Jim Henson was also on Arensio Hall's show for his final interview.

King Rupert

Reaction score
Being at the actual taping, I can say they really didnt do the show justice on tv. Each group went on for about 20 minutes and were actually a lot funnier than last night led on.

As for Arsenio being the savior of his team per say, he was actually yelled at quite a bit because he couldnt keep his head out of the camera shot.

I believe each team did about 3 or 4 skits, a lot was left on the cutting room floor.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I love the fact that Brian was there helping to set up and judge the challenge. Also impressed that they dedicated a whole two hours of airtime to this challenge. I only wish they could have edited down the 30 minutes of boardroom banter and shown us more Stuffed and Unstrung.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The entire 2-hour episode of The Celebrity Apprentice staring Henson's "Stuffed and Unstrung" puppet inprov is now on-line. Watch the on-line video and let us know your thoughts.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Which team won? I just watched the parts with the Henson people and them making the puppets.

Borples

Reaction score
That was fun! Very good publicity for Stuffed and Unstrung, too. I can tell, because now if they came near me and I heard about it, I would definitely go. :smile: Nice to see Brian Henson. Hearing him speak always makes me smile.

It was sort of funny watching this with a Muppet fan bias. Here were Leslie Carrera-Rudolph and Tyler Bunch, and to me they're big time celebrities. But on this show, they don't even get their full names mentioned!