1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TV Alert: Sesame Street at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 21, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Yes. It was referring to the Sesame Street Muppets.
    Hayley B likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I already said this in another thread but I loved hearing Elmo sing "Nothing's gonna bring us down." That's right Elmo!

And I got emotional seeing the Kermit balloon. Yes I know I'm weird. :p
    Mo Frackle and SSLFan like this.
  3. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Cute appearance. Interesting note: Caroll Spinney's BB puppet was used instead of Matt's.
  4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

really wish i could see this :/ probably was good though
  5. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Gabi wasn't there either. Though I think she's busy with college these days.
  6. FrackleFan2012

Miles wasn't there, too. I wonder what Miles has been doing lately?
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  7. FrackleFan2012

There is a rerun that started 2:00. Maybe you can catch their appearance if you missed it.
  8. muppetlover123

oh well someone will probably post it on youtube today or tomorrow
  9. FrackleFan2012

I hope someone posts it up, too.
  10. muppetlover123

someone will probably they did for the past 2 years
  11. Mo Frackle

I haven't seen Miles in awhile. I'll have to check back, but I don't think he's in the last few parades either. Though he's still considered a cast member, as SW has a bio for him.
  12. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Active Member

I was obviously pumped for the Kermit balloon and the Sesame Street float. (I called my mom over for both). During the Sesame Street float, my parents and siblings were commenting on how old the adults looked, and I had to tend to pretty much every comment they made (including how Bob, Luis, and Susan are now in their 70's). Come to think of it, it's true with how old they looked.

During the Kermit balloon, when one of the announcers mentioned the release of The Muppets it reminded me of how tomorrow night to celebrate the first anniversary of the movie, I'm going to watch my DVD copy of it! :)
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I thought it was great!
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  14. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

My family must really know how much I love Kermit. I already had the parade on this morning & I saw the Kermit balloon sailing by. My mom (who didn't know I had the parade on) said "Kath..turn on the parade!" I told her , "I already have it on!" Then the phone rings. Figuring it's my best friend calling to tell me that the Kermit balloon was up I answer the phone in Kermit's salutation"Hi ho!" It was my sister telling me about the Kermit balloon. She said "You know already?" I told her "Yep. I was watching the parade plus Mom told me."
    (Good thing it wasn't a stranger when I answered the phone :"Hi ho!" I think they might have been taken aback and offended! :eek:)
    Hubert and Mo Frackle like this.
  15. Mo Frackle

:o It took me a second to get that. :)
    Plaid Fraggle and muppetlover123 like this.
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

They probably should have just said "the cast of Sesame Street" so it wouldn't have been as confusing. About the voices, I guess we've established that Elmo was a possibility. I really didn't catch anything with the Count, if I get a chance to see it elsewhere, I'll have to listen to that again. This may have been Matt's first shot at the voice but I don't know. I didn't notice a difference in Murray's voice, but it was pretty noisy at my parents' house at the time so maybe I didn't hear it very well. But I don't know why it wouldn't have been Joey if the other voices were prerecorded. I guess that's something to think about.
  17. Mo Frackle

This was prerecorded some time ago, so we already know that Kevin's voice was used for Elmo. Who puppeteered him is still up in the air. The Count didn't have any vocal parts. And I didn't really notice anything off with Murray's voice either.
  18. FrackleFan2012

Here's Sesame Street's 2012 appearance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
  19. Mo Frackle

At the end, Gina had to pull a little girl away from the railing, just at the float began to move.

I remember a similar event some years back where somebody (I believe it was Gordon) nearly fell off the float, and someone else (either Bob or Luis) had to hold onto him.
  20. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

They did that at the start of the parade, at least. Previously we'd get "The cast of Sesame Street... and the Muppets!" That caused major confusion on my brother...