TV Alert: Muppets on NBC's America's Got Talent Wednesday September 10, 2014

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Great to see the REAL Kermit on AGT. I liked his intro to Howie Mandel: "Someone who was probably a Muppet in a previous life." That's presumably a reference to his voice work on Muppet Babies. Overall, I really enjoyed that appearance. Oh, BTW Rugrats kid, your video clip isn't working. You may want to try to re-upload that.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Something sounds off about Piggy in the it's raining men song...is it Eric Jacobson? Also, for some reason, it is weird to see all the characters with their rods now!

Rugratskid

Reaction score
It's great that it's already on Hulu. :smile: Sorry about the broken YT link. :stick_out_tongue:

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Something sounds off about Piggy in the it's raining men song...is it Eric Jacobson? Also, for some reason, it is weird to see all the characters with their rods now!
Well, hopefully they didn't pull the same stunt that they pulled during the last
Muppet appearance at the show, but I see what you're saying. I thought Piggy's voice sounded a bit off too. For that matter Waldorf and Statler sounded a bit high pitched. But it may just be the audio or something like that.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
It's Eric. The notes of the song aren't suited for Piggy's pitch. It was okay. Kind of karaoke sounding, but okay. Fans need to stop freaking out about stuff like that. Frank had off days too. In fact, his Piggy was really low-pitched in the later years.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Well, hopefully they didn't pull the same stunt that they pulled during the last
Muppet appearance at the show, but I see what you're saying. I thought Piggy's voice sounded a bit off too. For that matter Waldorf and Statler sounded a bit high pitched. But it may just be the audio or something like that.
Trust me, Piggy was still played by Eric and Statler and Waldorf were still played by Steve and Dave.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I guess Carroll's right. We need to stop freaking out on that. Just because a Muppeteer's voice for a character changes over time doesn't mean it's someone else performing him or her. I think we were all in an uproar after what happened the Muppets appeared on that show, but that's all over and done. We need to move on from that.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I liked it okay. The opening made me want a real Muppet Show!

The writing, however. Who writes this stuff? Just stale, stale, stale. The Muppets are much funnier than this. Only the Titanic joke made me laugh and that's an old one. Disappointed in that, but loved seeing the Muppets in prime time. Just please Disney - get some better writers on this sort of stuff.
Who wrote for them here?

Speaking of writers, I still want to grill the "Good Luck Charlie" writers (Phil Baker and Drew Vaupen) for destroying Piggy's character. :mad: