1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TV Alert: Muppets at Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 24, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Christmas Day don't miss the Muppets on the annual broadcast of the "Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade" on ABC at noon eastern, 11 am central.

After you watch the appearance, post here and share your thoughts.

Merry Christmas everyone!

2. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

"Best swamps he's ever seen"... sounds like a nudge to Paradise Swamps...
  3. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I hope there's video of this out soon. My TV isn't working so I can't watch it. :(
  4. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

I can't believe I missed this thing! I watch the parade every year! ;_;
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

was it any good?
  6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

7. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I loved the Muppets on this (not enough of them mind you...and I missed the last half hour). Gonzo jumping over the castle was great and Kermit trying to pass off Piggy for New Years was funny also. Loved everything with Statler and Waldorf. Must of been neat being there and watching the two old coots through out the Parade.
  8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I missed the last half hour as well. I was wondering if the other Muppets besides Kermit, Waldorf and Statler would appear. I was sort of expecting the Great Gonzo since he was shown at the beginning. I'll have to search for that appearance online. Maybe Dave and Steve were the only Muppeteers available for this which is why the other characters didn't show up. Just some food for thought.
  9. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i watched it and LOVED it :boo: & :sleep: were funny as always...i was lucky enuff to record it!
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I missed most of it. Mainly because I thought it was on earlier than noon, and then sort of forgot about it watching Secret of Nihm on another channel. But I liked what I saw, Statler and Waldorf commenting on stuff, Gonzo in his Water skiing outfit jumping over the castle...
  11. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

12. DoctorM

DoctorM New Member

I watched the whole thing and only saw an outtake during the credits with Gonzo.

Was he cut from some regions' broadcasts or was he cut entirely? I skipped through the streaming version and couldn't find him either.

Anyone have the clip he appeared in?

(The parade is also available on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/disney-parks-christmas-day-parade)
  13. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I didn't see Gonzo either, but I did see a two or three minute blackout screen during the streaming broadcast. I assume that's where he was. What gives? Was there some kind of licensing issue with music or something like that?:confused:
  14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

yea i wanted to see him
  15. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Gonzo was on a commefial break introduction I think... much like the Kermit appearances
  16. Borples

Borples Active Member

Thanks for posting the link! I was heading over the river and through the woods when it aired, so it was nice to be able to watch later. I think any major, star-studded event is much improved if Statler and Waldorf are hanging out in a balcony making fun of it. It's a shame they cut out Gonzo, though. Poor hose nose gets no respect. :boo:
  17. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Actually, Gonzo was not cut out.

He appeared. Some of you just missed him.

Anyway, I liked their appearances in this year's parade, especially Statler & Waldorf heckling the proceedings from atop the Emporium on Main Street. They should do that every year.
  18. Borples

Borples Active Member

He appeared, but was that appearance included in the online recording? I watched the whole thing, I think, and didn't see him except the outtake bit at the end. If it's there, I need to go back and watch!

I agree. Statler and Waldorf should heckle pretty much everything. I still have hope that they'll be at the Oscars, in their own little balcony. ;-) Not a lot of hope, mind you.
  19. DoctorM

DoctorM New Member

There is a scene release of the Canadian broadcast. He's not in that either.
  20. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I wonder why Gonzo's stunt scene isn't included online? Wild. It's not a really long scene, but it's awesome! Dialogue between him and (the beautiful) Maria Munos (sp?), then Kermit commenting on seeing Gonzo's stunt in the background. A really cute and Classic Muppets-type skit, I loved it more than any other Muppet bit from the entire parade.

Maybe KermiClown will have it available soon?