TV Addicts site

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Has anyone looked up "muppet" on the site tvaddicts.tv? My search for that word turned up two results. The first was a set of DVDs supposedly for all five seasons of the Muppet Show. The cover looked more like "Muppets from Space," though. The other result was "The Best of the Muppet Babies on DVD." This cover looked like it had been decorated with stickers. Has anyone ordered either of these two sets, or anything else from this site? If so, was what you received a bootleg? I believe in buying legitimate copies of things and supporting whoever holds the copyrights.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... The merchandise you mentioned is indeed bootlegged copies. This discussion will remain open for now... But if any links promoting the purchase of either of these is posted, the thread will be closed just like the Muppet Babies boxset thread, as we do not allow that kind of thing here at MC.

Thanks for understanding and hope you have a good day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those INDEED sound like bootlegs. I honestly don't even see the point of buying from them... especially since Disney is planning to release all 5 seasons. They're dragging their feet a little with it lately, but it's definitely more of a commitment than their discontinued Disney Afternoon titles.

I'm just saying, if you wanna watch bad copies go to Youtube and look at them for free. You shouldn't have to pay for, essentially, someone's blank tape with logos and cuts on it.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Once all five episodes of TMS or ANY Muppet Babies dvd are officially released - you'll hear about it here or any of the main sites - people don't even really need to ask if such dvds are real or not.

In the meantime besides youtube, there are many of us here who have large collections of Henson/Muppet stuff taped from tv that are more than happy to do trades. Why pay someone if you don't have to? If you want to have your own copy while you're waiting for the real thing to come out, a trade with another fan is the way to go.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I had a feeling those were bootlegs. Muppet Central has always said when the next season of Muppet Show is going to be available to buy. I thought there was something fishy about the TV Addicts site, and I wanted to warn anyone who didn't know.

muppets2

Reaction score
Once all five episodes of TMS or ANY Muppet Babies dvd are officially released - you'll hear about it here or any of the main sites - people don't even really need to ask if such dvds are real or not.

In the meantime besides youtube, there are many of us here who have large collections of Henson/Muppet stuff taped from tv that are more than happy to do trades. Why pay someone if you don't have to? If you want to have your own copy while you're waiting for the real thing to come out, a trade with another fan is the way to go.
What all five episodes of Tms or muppet babies did u mean seasons?

Drtooth

Reaction score

Is there an echo in here? :big_grin:

I just don't wanna see any members blow their money, again, on basically blank tapes that might still have logos and SLP VHS quality.