Tron 3 Gains New Writer As Disney Takes Renewed Interest In Film

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
YAAAAAYYY!! The movie is most probably happening!
Love Tron..hated Legacy. But hopefully the next one will be better.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, at this point, I could care less about what Disney is up to.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I call bullcrap on people who complain about Tron Legacy. The original Tron was, at best, a cult movie. And even then, it was a cult movie for being a flop. I'd say it's because the first one was made when people had the barest of understandings of what video games and computers were.

30 years later, we get another one that actually made money. Not only did it bring new non-ironic interest into Tron, we've got a cartoon show (a really good one, though I only saw the first episode) and it's being included in one of the Kingdom Hearts. Disney took a long forgotten flop and turned it into a viable franchise. That's an amazing feat.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm a huge Tron fan. HUGE.
Not of the original movie, but of where the franchise is now (I haven't even seen the original one). I just strongly didn't like Tron Legacy. It didn't work for me, but the entire world that they built in there was amazing and stunning and has a lot of potential and is a lot of fun.

Legacy was just directed badly in my opinion. It could've been better. The third movie might be better, it's possible with what they built Tron up to be.

I'm a huge fan of Tron:Uprising too. (Which I don't think is doing too well, I hope it comes back for a second season, that's why I'm surprised that Disney still has intrest in Tron, but I'm not complaining).

I just think they gotta not put too much on "The Games". That's really not the main interest of the movie and they can do so much more with it.