Trip to London

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Yay! I'm going to London in two months, my first trip out of the US ever! Can anyone recommend anything other than the usual touristy things that are not to be missed? I'm a little disappointed in the prospects for theater at the time I'll be going, although Chitty-Chitty- Bang-Bang looks interesting. I only have five days, so I think I'll stick close to the city and not go on any overnights out to the country on this trip.... recommendations, anyone?

Jennifer

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I was in London for a week, and there was a ton of stuff I didn't get to see. It's pretty hard to get bored in London. One thing I'd recommend is stopping by the parks. I think I remember St. James being a particularly nice one. The scenery is just gorgeous, and there are birds everywhere. I have a picture I took from the bridge in that park with a perfect view of the parliament buildings and the London Eye (which I never got the chance to ride :frown: ). I guess this is pretty touristy, but Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's are both really nice. I was especially psyched to St. Paul's since I'm such a big fan of "Mary Poppins." Walking up to the top is like climbing the Statue of Liberty. It's a long, steep walk, but the view is worth it. If you go to the Tower of London, set aside a few hours. We went with only about an hour and a half to spare, and we didn't get to see much of it at all. There's really a lot to see there. Madame Toussaud's is a lot of fun. We went to the rock and roll museum, and there's also the more general one. It's a really neat museum because it's all hands-on. You can take all kinds of pictures and get as close to the statues as you want. I've got a picture of me hugging Art Garfunkel. That's just a few things. Believe me, you won't run out of things to do in London. There's something everywhere you look. Enjoy your trip!
Erin

P.S. Getting around is a lot easier once you figure out the subway system. Then you can get back and forth without much trouble. Just be sure to remember to "Mind the Gap"! :wink:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Oooh! You're so lucky! I'd love to go to London! So I have no advice since I've never been there but I hope you have a really really great time! :big_grin:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I've been to London and many places in England too, my Mum is English so I am half English.

Although I was only 9 when I last went there and sadly a bit young to know much, but I know there would be some fantastic muppet destinations, Be sure to go Harrods, one of the most exclusive shops in the world and they would surely have some great muppet stuff. Its the place where the queen shops.

Theres a huge toy shop in London too, one of the biggest in the world called Hamleys they would have something good too, its worth a look anyway.

I have heard they do tours to where they used to film the muppet show and theres other places in which they filmed movies and where items from muppet movies are. The great muppet caper was in London so there must be something there.

London would be one of the best places for muppet stuff and muppety goodness around I would say, I wish I could come with you.

I hope to come to England one day in the not too distant future, you are so lucky.

My uncle works for the BBC which is the largest broadcaster in TV and radio there and round the world and thats the company who own the old muppet show building so hopefully I might be able to get a look there!

Have a great time, you are so lucky!

from,
Paul
:excited: :smile: