Trejo on Muppets

Beauregard

Reaction score
Trejo had this to say about his appearance in Muppets Most Wanted. A really sad story, which should make us appreciate his cameo even more when we see it.

Finally, I actually spoke to Ray Liotta earlier this year and he told me that you do something a little different in Muppets Most Wanted, and that the two of you have a song and dance number together. What was that like for you to do?
Trejo: That was awesome. I have to say this, first of all Ray Liotta is absolutely the best friend to have in a crisis. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I was in London and we were doing Muppets Most Wanted when my mom passed away while we were filming. So I was going to leave right away and then my assistant told me that I should stay and she would take care of all the arrangements. Since I only had a few more days to finish filming I decided to stay and then I would go home for the funeral after that. Ray Liotta took me into his heart and said, “Dan, I understand. I lost my mom while we were doing Goodfellas.” It was unbelievable. Then I was doing really good to not cry until that **** little frog (Kermit) popped up and started talking to me. I think my mom sent that frog.
Source.