'Transformers' Rolling Out in Live-Action Film

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
That pic gave me a good laugh on a day I needed one. BTW, a Metro is a cute car. I often drive rentals when I vacation in Houston and I've driven a few. Now, the Aspire is the most entertaining car ever made since the Pinto! Going 50 on the freeway and the wind feels like the car will roll over. :eek: And naming a car Aspire is just funny. Speaking of funny-named cars, my favorite car (when I had one) was the Ford Probe. :big_grin:
I always intentionally lisp when I say "Aspire." Well, when I'm talking about the car, anyway. "Athpire."

A friend of mine got run over by a Ford Probe, and she made me promise never to drive one. Or maybe I misunderstood our conversation. I don't THINK I was groping her. So hard to tell.

I used to HATE the Metro, but I think between drawing him as a Transformer and referring to it as "The Podracer," I've come a long way toward either accepting it or so completely fictionalizing it that I just don't know what's real and what's not anymore.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
****! Actually, the Probe was a very good car. It also went pretty fast. Along with that, I know it's pretty safe in accidents too. :wink: To this day, I feel challenged when driving an automatic. It's stick-shift only for the frogboy. Um...that didn't come out right. :embarrassed:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
It's stick-shift only for the frogboy. Um...that didn't come out right. :embarrassed:
Probing....stick shifts....

I think it came out just in the way you intended. Dr. Freud.

Yeah, Melissa and I prefer stick to automatic too. I would really prefer a convenient mass transit system that would save the enviroment for Miles and his pups, but I don't see that happening in my future. Or his.

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah. Stick-shift for the Frogboy.

:crazy: :halo: :concern:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I've been saying that they should do this for years and now the computer technology finally exists to do it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I didn't like the cartoon, but i'm interested in seeing a modern twist to things. I like Incredible Hulk, but I'm NOT that excited about the film after seeing the trailers.

Speaking of good cars, you've never been in a REAL car unless you've been in my first car: a 1974 Ford LTD, 4 door sedan, 8 cylinder engine, 135+ mph (yes, I tried it like a fool). It was THE BEST car I ever have been in, A/C or not; but, it goes dead on my mom ONCE and, being in her name, she sells it right out from under me to my red-neck Uncle and his family for $400 (the price of my stereo I had in there) and they destroyed it.

:frown: :cry:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
You're really broken up about that car, aren't yu foz?

Actually, the 'Hulk' producers were furious about the trailers that have upset the fans. Apparently the Superbowl one was slapped together quickly and the images of the Hulk that have been used aren't final renders so that's why they look fake (or so say the filmmakers).

BTW, "Transformers" isn't the only robot film tentatively scheduled for 2005.....the "Ice Age" team has started a new robot flick too......the story is here.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
This sounds interesting. I never really liked the cartoon, though, the toys were pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see it done in live-action.

Ooooooooooh! See the car transform!

Originally posted by Gonzo
Probing....stick shifts....
I think we've come up with a new nickname for the Frogboy...

Good ol' stick-shift Jamie! Poor Probeboy. :smile:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Hm. I'm a BIIIIIIG Transformers fan, (though not NEARLY as big as my brothers, who converted me), but I'm not sure whether to be excited about this or not. I'm such an optimist, I know, but I'm prone to believe this movie'll be crap unless proven otherwise. (Say, if they get a really good director.) I just don't trust Hollywood w/most of my beloved characters. (Rocky & Bullwinkle, the LooneyTunes, Garfield.....Etc.) I actually heard about this news a while ago, thanks to my brothers. (Threy're REEEAAALLY into it.) I guess it all depends on how they tell the story, and how they represent the characters and all. I'm still not sure about it. I'm expecting crap, but hoping to be pleasantly suprised. Let's put it that way. (Come to think of it, that's how I feel a/b the Garfield & Looney Tunes movies, too.)

Gonzo

Reaction score
Re: RE: 'Transformers' Rolling Out in Live-Action Film

Originally posted by Manda:-D
I'm expecting crap, but hoping to be pleasantly suprised. Let's put it that way. (Come to think of it, that's how I feel a/b the Garfield & Looney Tunes movies, too.)
Check and check.

Good attitude to have.

:stick_out_tongue:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

Thijs

Reaction score
For me, a big transformer-fan (but not as big as my brother though), this is great news. I only hope that they will use the old story-line, because I don't like the Armada-serie. Oh man, I wish I could get a role in that movie. I have always dreamed being a Transformer. Hey guys who do the casting, if you read this, cast me for the role of Prowl