Toys R Us to buy FAO (and the Whatnot Workshop)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was announced today that Toys R Us is buying FAO... who knows how this will impact the popular Muppet Whatnot Workshop.

Discuss away...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Thank goodness I got mine when I did.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Toys R Them can barely hold their own and now they want more?

goldengonzo

Reaction score
TRU has actually been doing a good job as of late. They've extended their action figure selection to include formerly specialty market toys from NECA.

Wal-Mart announced they would be reducing the size of their toy section, so now seems like an excellent time for TRU to expand.

Maybe there's hope of TRU offering the Whatnot workshop in some of their stores.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I saw this mentioned on the local news. The first thing I thought was "How is this going to effect the Whatnot Workshop?"

I'm really curious about it. I haven't made a whatnot yet myself.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wal-Mart is not collectibles friendly. Those such items aren't created in bulk or kid oriented. I just hope TRU doesn't go that route. I'm sure FAO will be streamlined more than they are now. How much is a mystery. Just sad to see something special like FAO get gobbled up. San Francisco no longer has a TRU or an FAO.

The Disney parks will probably still have the Worshops installed so I'm not too worried. It's a popular attraction, so I think TRU will want to keep it for a while.

goldengonzo

Reaction score
The Disney parks will probably still have the Worshops installed so I'm not too worried. It's a popular attraction, so I think TRU will want to keep it for a while.
Where is the Whatnot workshop in the FL Disney?

Nick22

Reaction score
I rully wanna find out when it'll be opening at the Disney parks. Next April we're probably going there on a family vacation, and if it'll be up, I wanna get one now too, so then I'll have two. I hope TRU won't even TOUCH the Whatnot Workshop. The only thing I want them to do is add things to the line.