Toys R Us restocks Original Tickle Me Elmo

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I was visiting Toys R Us and found new Original Tickle Me Elmos on the shelves.

The Tag on the box states "The Original Tickle Me Elmo"

I know alot of people bought the newer Elmos for their children, but lets face it, its more of an entertainment doll, then a cuddly doll... So, everyone with kids, or everyone who missed out on the original, head to Toys R Us.

Link for those who don't believe :smile:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3515040

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh... I've seen those for a while now. I think they released them... I wanna say sometime last year.... maybe even before that when TMX Elmo came out. It's in its old packaging too.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
thats odd.. i've NEVER seen or heard of any tickle me since TMX, the tmx key chains, and the Barbie TMX.

I often pop in those isles to see whats going on with Sesame merch, and never seen these.

I'm not saying your statement isn't true, but the comments on the page are also recent. Maybe you seen another elmo?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
OMG. Super cool. Of course, with kids these days, I have a strong feeling it's much more popular with us Muppet fans here on MC than the youngsters. (Of course, I myself am still fairly young, so I guess I shouldn't be so hypocritical of the modern generation.)

Drtooth

Reaction score

I'm not saying your statement isn't true, but the comments on the page are also recent. Maybe you seen another elmo?
Oh... they had them. And I do remember seeing the original TMX Elmo at Target a couple years back when TMX hit... they had a LOT of Elmo stuff.... they even had an Elmo plush set featuring representations of talking dancing Elmo toys. I actually rather liked that one.

Here's my theory why you're seeing them just now. They could have been Target exclusives when they were first released (or re-released)... Target has a history of having exclusive SS merchandise. And I'm guessing they did so well, TRU asked for an exclusive with them sometime last year... if not earlier this year.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
i remember Target's history set. i don't recall the name of the set, but its the one you explained of. But those were much smaller. I think they included the YMCA and chicken Elmos.

I don't recall seeing any of the Originals, in the actual original form tho. Just the smaller one in that set. Once again, not saying you're wrong. But this set could possibly be new, as a Toys R Us exclusive.