Top Trending YouTube Video: TMM Camera Test Footage

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I didn't know where else to put this but, if anyone thinks that people don't care about the Muppets anymore, today this was one of the top trending videos on YouTube:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I see someone moved my post to a new thread, I honestly don't think this is noteworthy enough to be it's own thread.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I saw the original and it didn't really fit into the topic on the other thread but yeah. I think that's awesome. I actually watched that yesterday or day before. Wonder why it's trending....

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I've been aware of the video for a very long time but this is actually the first time i've watched it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't know where else to put this but, if anyone thinks that people don't care about the Muppets anymore, today this was one of the top trending videos on YouTube:
Which makes it all the more frustrating, actually. Tough Pigs posted a brilliant article about how frustrating it is to be a Muppet fansite runner when the last movie and TV show didn't garner enough interest. There's one line that hits the nail on the head...

At several of our live Muppet Vault events, we’ve polled the audience to see who hasn’t seen the film, and almost everyone’s hands shoot up. Without the urgency of “the Muppets are back!”, nobody made it a priority to see them on the big screen, despite having so much love for the franchise. There are all sorts of theories for why casual Muppet fans didn’t see the film, but at least we can say we did our part to try and educate them.
Yeah, they'll watch 2 minutes of click bait, but they're all conveniently too busy or unmotivated to see a movie or sit down to a TV show.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Absolutely,it's a great article, he's really captured what it's like to be a Muppet fan right now. this is exactly how a lot of us are feeling.

But you know what? Maybe this is what all of us big Muppet fans should be doing. Sharing our favorite videos everywhere, starting memes, introducing the Muppets to as many of our friends as possible.
Beside the 2011 movie and a few viral videos, they haven't done anything majorly successful. But I know millions of people still love the Muppets. They're flipping famous. There's clearly some interest in the franchise. Even the Muppets Most Wanted didn't do too badly, it at least made back it's budget. And like they said in the article, the show did pretty well at the end without any promotion whatsoever.

I firmly believe the franchise is too good to just go back to the way it was in 2002. Something's different this time, there seems to be a lot more anticipation for what comes next this time around. The return was, "hey look at what the Muppets can do, we're still hilarious" and the TV show was I think a reminder that they had come back. While the show was cancelled, I think that maybe it did renew a lot of public interest and even brought in some new fans.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's wonderful seeing this never-before-seen footage and seeing it trending on the Internet. Love the ad-libbing between Kermit and Fozzie especially. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But you know what? Maybe this is what all of us big Muppet fans should be doing. Sharing our favorite videos everywhere, starting memes, introducing the Muppets to as many of our friends as possible.
I'm mixed about it. That sort of thing should spread memetic popularity, but in the end, that's what's wrong with any Muppet fandom outside of the inner sanctum. They love the characters enough to buy a T-shirt every so often, maybe pick up Christmas ornaments or Funko Pops or whatever. Maybe they'll rebuy a movie on DVD or Blu-Ray if they don't just watch an old movie streaming. But you can't give them that sense of urgency to run to the theaters for a film or sit down every Tuesday for a sitcom (though, again that only matters if they have a Nielsen ratings thingy). The "oh, I grew up and loved them" crowd that laughs at every Family Guy Cutscene and Robot Chicken sketch and then wonders why they're not around anymore....yet when they are around, they don't seem to know, care, or bother.

So, as I've said a billion times by now, the viral videos are their biggest success because they're click bait that's easily accessible to the goldfish like attention span of the nostalgic set that doesn't cling on to every Muppet project rumbling, every character recast, and every little TV appearance.