1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I love Fonzie, He's my favorite Muppet.
    And I love Gonsnow.

(Really, this is really what I heard. :smirk:)
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  2. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I never knew Fonzie was a Muppet! :p Actually, a Muppet version of the Fonz would be interesting...
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  3. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

4. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

[​IMG]
  5. I actually recently had to inform someone that Jim died twenty years ago, he didn't "leave the show". I was indeed blown away by this ignorance.
    I've also had to inform people here and there that Brian Henson did not take over as Kermit after his father's passing (no one's heard of Steve Whitmire, of course), but that's a more common mistake.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

You know, the other day I stumbled into some internet article summary about the Muppets that some woman wrote. As I read it, I was so impressed by the intelligence of this person, how they mentioned all the productions and stuff spot on, accurately discussed Sam and Friends and so on. It was great.

Until she said that Jim Henson's son took over Kermit after his death. :sigh:
  7. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I thought Brian took over Kermit at first. :o I learned very quickly that this wasn't the case, though.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  8. Every time I read the name "Brian" in regards to Muppetry, I think of Brian Muehl. Good gravy, I can't imagine what his Kermit voice would sound like. :S Or what Brian Henson's Kermit voice would sound like, for that matter.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  9. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The Newsman was the only one of Jim's characters that Brian performed at any point.

Though I'll admit that when I was very young, I too thought Brian took over for Kermit. Hey, at least I knew who Brian Henson was. Not bad for a 7 or 8 year old.
  10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Brian Muehl was a rather versatile performer, with an impressive vocal range, so I don't know, he may have been able to pull it off... I know there's been various inserts from SST where I've mistaken him for Richard or Marty.
  11. Still, the idea of "Brian Muehl as Kermit the Frog" is, well....:p
  12. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Whoa! Hold on a second! Brian Muehl does not perform Kermit. STEVE Whitmire does! Why does anybody get that wrong when commenting video on YouTube? :sigh:
  13. D'Snowth

I think you've missed the entire point of the previous discussion.
  14. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

As much as I enjoyed the MAD TV and Robot Chicken parodies...

• Big Bird is not called "Bird" by anyone other than Snuffy (okay, a few other have called him "Bird", but it's still pretty rare).
    • Snuffy is not imaginary. I know, prior to 1985, everyone still thought he was. Still, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a little homework.
    • Bob doesn't wear glasses (then again, the MAD TV skits were more like parodies, hence Cookie Monster's yellow nose and Elmo's lack of a nose).
    • The Swedish Chef and Statler and Waldorf weren't on SS
    • Since when does Elmo have teeth?
    • And let's not forget putting Electric Company skits in the Sesame parodies.
  15. D'Snowth

Well, I think they can't exactly make carbon copies of the characters and settings and such, otherwise, they probably would end up being sued for copyright infringement... y'know, kinda like Larry King's old set was famous for the different colored dots on the wall, yet SNL's parodies had just plain white dots.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  16. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

Reading an spanish article about Plaza Sésamo, the interviewer write Muppetero (Muppeteer) as Mopetero.
  17. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Speaking of Spanish, I love your username! I didn't get it until I learned the spanish word for teeth this year in Spanish class. Very clever! :D
    Muppet fan 123 and DrDientes like this.
  18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hahaha...despite the fact that I've known the Spanish word for "teeth" for years, that username never clicked until Casey just made that comment.
  19. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget when people say Oscar is a monster.
    People, he's a Grouch! He lives in a ----ing trash can!!! (Dave Chappelle reference)
    (video has explicit language, but is reaaaally funny)
  20. D'Snowth

I haven't heard too many false comments of Oscar being monster... but I WAS curious as a kid as to why Oscar was included in the chorus line of monsters in the original version of "C is for Cookie".