Toon channels messed up

SillyRed

Reaction score
Another thing that's worse, Toon channels are integrating Live action movies on their networks, THEY ARE NOT CARTOONS!
They should be called Live action/animation Network titles rather than just toon or cartoons.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Another thing that's worse, Toon channels are integrating Live action movies on their networks, THEY ARE NOT CARTOONS!
They should be called Live action/animation Network titles rather than just toon or cartoons.
I know, Like I said in the tood disney thread, Zack and Cody isn't a cartoon, it shouldn't be on toon disney. The only live action movies I could see on Toon Disney thats beleiveable would be the Muppet Movies, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, maybe Tron, but thats pushing it. Other than that, no other live action movies should be shown on that channel. Thats what the regular Disney Channel is for. but too bad Toon Disney is slowly running out of time though.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Cartoon Network is showing live action programming.

American Movie Classics is showing original TV series.

Sci-Fi Channel has it's on reality TV show.

The world has gone insane.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I really dont care. In the case of cartoon network, their live action things are so much better than their cartoon things. Like the only-shown-in-october Goosebumps (I'll spare you my rants on this one), and the movies that arent CN related are genreally better.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Mostlikely because it seemed like a good idea at the time. They just looked over one small detail, the word CARTOON IN THE CHANNEL'S NAME! :0

Xerus

Reaction score
Mostlikely because it seemed like a good idea at the time. They just looked over one small detail, the word CARTOON IN THE CHANNEL'S NAME! :0
Sometimes, I think they should change their name to something like Carnival Network if they're going to keep showing both kids' live action and animation.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I think they should. Because calling it cartoon network, with them playing live action shows, kind of sounds like false advertising.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But Goosebumps was originally on FOX back during its initial run. So why CN is airing live-action on a cartoon network boggles the mind.
Cuz they're losing viewers to Disney's bullcrap. That's why. I know it, you know it, every body knows it. Their overhyped unwatchable garbage is another nail in American Animation's coffin. That, the lack of junk food commercials (which fund a great portion of kid's television) and the FCC letting so few companies own many networks.

How much competition for kid's programming is there? like 3 channels unless you get satellite, and then there's 5... maybe 6? That isn't even half the number of ESPN's. ESPN's. I'm not even talking about Fox Sports or all the others...

Now we have like, 1 Saturday morning broadcast channel in 2009... yeah... great time for me to be out of college after wanting a career in animation...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because that crap makes money. And there is little room for growth if people want the same crap over and over. Sometimes these companies need to actually take a chance on something.

Look at Heroes for example. You can't tell me that show doesn't have a budget that would scare an accountant out of his wits. And it paid off. It was a gamble.

Now people only hit sure fire things, and (here's where it actually gets funny) they're starting to flag all over the place. Opportunity Knocks (that atrocious new game show from ABC) is getting a swift cancellation. That stupid Hotel sitcom on Fox died after 3 episodes. And I doubt anyone's even watching Hole in the Wall. So some of these things ARE going out.

Problem is kid's entertainment. It's not worth producing unless it warrants a toy line, and toys are getting harder and harder to sell. Transformers Animated seems to be doing pretty well. I can't say so much for anything else. TMNT would do better at toy lines if they (ask our member Thejimhensonhour ... he'll tell you all about it) actually worked hard developing them. Outside of that, everything is a movie based toy line... Batman, Spider-Man, Star Wars, Indiana Jones... all really doing pretty well... though Spider-Man and Star Wars both have cartoon shows now, I still count them as movie toy lines. You might as well add Transformers to that then, actually. And The TMNT line is from the mov.... on second thought, they're all movie toy lines... Ha ha ha!

I think CN can right itself with Transformers Animated, Chowder, Flapjack, Clone Wars and Brave and the Bold. There's hope there. That said, what happened to that live action "Out of Jimmy's Head" show? You don't hear anything about that...

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I agree with Drtooth, Chowder is awsome. It just has something about it. Same with Flapjack, its so weird and twisted, its funny. I for one hope that both shows stay around for a long time. You know, I wonder where Out Of Jimmy's Head went too. hummmm....