Tony Clifton (AKA Andy Kaufman) on The Miss Piggy Show!!!

Foreignman

Reaction score
This is really strange. Do you guys know Andy Kaufman? Well, if you do you probably know he was also Tony Clifton... maybe. Anyway did anyone know that Tony Clifton was on The Miss Piggy Show! I have a link to a video from the episode here. Just go to the video section and you'll find the movie there.

Tony Clifton with Miss Piggy

scarecroe

Reaction score
Oh my. Was that really in the final cut of "The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show"? I've never seen it, and by the looks of it, I'm not missing much.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Yes it was in the final cut, I taped the show when it was on Nickelodeon's Muppet Matinee. It's a really funny musical number, it was also Andy Kaufman's last public performance as Tony Clifton.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The main gag with the character was that he was an act that Miss Piggy had discovered. Everyone else in the control room was watching wide-eyed (or shut-eyed!) in disbelief while Piggy was as proud as a porker could be!

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
Ben

I'm not sure if you're aware, but Bob Zmuda's book has a really great account of his and Andy's experience on the set of The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show. He says some really touching things about Jim, too.

I think the scenes with Andy are great. I borrowed the video from my local library a while ago, and found myself putting in the tape to watch the Tony scenes over and over again. Andy's performance as Tony was great. What a character!

Scott

Foreignman

Reaction score
Thanks so much for that info! I started the Bob Zmuda book, but had to bring it back before I was too far (busy week). But I'll deffinitley check it out again. Thanks Again!! :big_grin: