Tom or Jerry?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Jerry is the overall winner BOOOOOOOOOO
What nonsence is this? Tom still comes out firmly tops!

Tom 9
Jerry 3

Tom has three times as many votes!

Ziffel

Reaction score
This is teriffic news. :smile: Tom rocks!

I have a feeling, though, that if the question, "Sylvester or Tweety" was asked, Tweety would win that poll. Tweety is just too cute for some people. I've never seen someone walk around with a Jerry tshirt but have seen some Tweety shirts before. That's ok though. Sylvester isn't nearly as cool as Tom.

sthufferin sthucotash!

I tot I taw a puddy tat!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Sorry but I can't choose so for me its. Tom and Jerry. Love them both to death. In the movie they had to work together. I know alot of people hated it becase that both talked but loved it to death. So I vote for Tom and Jerry Or Jasper and the mouse. Both are cool in my book. I have a Tom and Jerry doll. Two to be exact. I have two little Jerry and Tom and one big Tom plushie.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen that episode where Tom serenades a girl cat and sings, "Is you is, or is you ain't my baby"? That seems to have been a common scene people recall. It was truly memorable and amusing.

Erine81981

Reaction score
My favorite scene is the one where Tom, Jerry and Spike go to the movies. They then see each other beating the crap out of each other then the movie version see them beating each other up. I also like the one where Spike is trying to sleep but Jerry keeps messing things up so Spike will get on to Tom for make to much racket. Funny one too.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I also like the one where Spike is trying to sleep but Jerry keeps messing things up so Spike will get on to Tom for make to much racket. Funny one too.
Precisely a reason my vote goes to Tom:

Ziffel said:
And that's another reason for voting for Tom over Jerry -> Jerry would frequently do things to Spike and then make it appear that Tom did it so that Spike would beat Tom to a pulp. You mean mouse!
Like in that episode "Cat napping" where Tom and Jerry battle over getting to sleep on the hammock, Jerry resorts to luring an unsuspecting Spike over to the hammock with a bone. He throws it on the hammock, poor Spike leaps on the hammock to get the bone and Tom comes with a baseball bat thinking Jerry is still on the hammock. Tom folds up the hammock and hits it several times with the baseball bat. Spike has bumps on his head and is irate. He beats Tom to a pulp. Final scene shows Spkie and Jerry laying on the hammock contentedly while Tom (all bandaged up) is standing there forced to twirl a fan at Jerry to give him a comfortable breeze too. So Spike thinks Jerry is a good friend but he didn't realize Jerry only used Spike as a pawn to get at Tom and was willing to have Spike get painful blows to the head in the process!

Heh heh, those were both good eps you mentioned, Ernie. As were so many of em'. Remember Uncle Pecos? "Whoa! yad da diddly diddly didly dee. oh eeh ah oh uhhh. Frog a with em cortin he did right crambo!" I'm sure I'm off on the words there! And I think in this episode everybody had to feel sorry for Tom. He wasn't bothering Jerry one bit. Was only wanting to sleep. But every time the guitar string broke on Uncle Pecos's guitar, he'd pull a whisker from Tom to replace it. Poor kitty. :sympathy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Tom and Jerry are one of the greatest cartoon duos of all time! I even remember seeing a couple of early Tom and Jerry shorts where Tom's name was Jasper. Tom and Jerry: The Movie is one of the greatest and most original animated movies of all time, and it was great to hear Tom and Jerry talk!

Censored

Reaction score
I was always sympathetic to Tom. As a child, I'd watch the cartoons and wonder why Tom was considered a bad guy. Most people try to get rid of mice; people have cats as pets. Besides, since Tom was a cat, I felt that he was only doing what came natural and had no choice. This was in sharp contrast to many of the human cartoon villains like Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, and Bluto, who seemed to know what they were doing. Still, pulling for Tom was a losing proposition because Jerry won in almost all of the cartoons. I guess Tom could never have a complete victory because then he'd eat Jerry and it would all be over. However, I do recall a few cartoons when Tom came out ahead or at least broke even. Then there were the later Saturday morning cartoons where Tom and Jerry were friends and had adventures as a team.