TogetherAgain's Homework

Beauregard

Reaction score
D'oh! I was forgetting Gonzo! Naturally, this is the scene from Muppets From Space...I kind of knew that, but thought, Who's the Blue Creature???

For some reason I had the thought, "Uncle Deadly" running round my head...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That was a wonderful peice of writing! You are a terrific writer, and deserve an A! One question though; was this the same teacher that was making fun of Sesame Street?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The Assignment: Write one page that somehow displays your knowledge of the Learning chapter. Use at least five vocabulary words.

Teacher's explanation: Please don't just summarize the chapter! I taught it to you, I don't need you to teach it to me! It can be on anything. I don't care if it's about your pet goldfish, as long as you can relate it to psychology.

Here's what I turned in:

Learning

Any obsessed Muppet fan like myself has seen, or at least knows about, a skit called “Mahna Mahna.” It is actually a song that a group of three Muppets sing. One creature sings, “Mahna Mahna,” and two others reply with, “Do doo do do do.” This skit is a Muppet classic and is probably one of the best known. And since I often listen to Muppet music, it is not uncommon for me to hear “Mahna Mahna” many times in one day for several days in a row. In fact, I once went several weeks only listening to Muppet music. Perhaps this could be considered to be a kind of acquisition phase, although that would not be correct, since it is not classical conditioning. But because of associative learning, now whenever I hear someone say “Mahna Mahna,” I sing or at least think, “Do doo do do do.”

The Muppets fairly recently made fun of fans like myself who have generalized the “Do doo do do do” reaction to words other than “Mahna Mahna” in a skit called “The Psychiatrist’s Office.” The basis of the skit was that Kermit the Frog went to a psychiatrist because he saw and heard two creatures singing “Do doo do do do” every time he said the word “phenomena.”

Lucky for Kermit that he was able to at least discriminate from also seeing and hearing those creatures after hearing, saying, or reading words like phenomenal and phenomenon. I am not so fortunate. Oh, and did I mention... “Do doo do do do!”

THE GRADE: 23/25 points. 92%. I got an A!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wa hoo! That's grrrrrreat Lisa! And hillariously funny! And congrats on the A btw!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You totally would have gotten full marks if you had have specified that the pink guys are called Snowths. :stick_out_tongue:

Joking. That was amazing. again with the wishing I could hand stuff liike that in at school.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That was awesome! Were there any comments on either of the papers!
Also, just to expand my own knowlege:
What is an acquisition phase?
I think I remember learning about classical conditioning, but what exactly is it?
I plan to be a psychology major myself, so I feel I really should know this. I wish I had the chance to take a class like this in high school...

Crazyminnyhaha

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
I think I remember learning about classical conditioning, but what exactly is it?
Im currently in college working towards a teaching degree and have to take a few psychology courses.

Classical Conditioning is A type of learning in which an organism comes to associate one stimulus with another.
It was discovered by a Russian Physiologist named Ivan Pavlov. He did this whole study on it with a dog.

But think of it as when any muppet says the word "bang". At that point we know that Crazy Harry is going to appear and blow something up.