Together Again: A Muppet FanFiction

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... So that's how they did it. Just like Lisa's log. Well, we're here if you need to bounce ideas off of us, though we're not rully made of flexible rubber, so careful with those sharp wits of yours.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Beth...I am your eternal slave. XP
I love this fic.

You MUST update. XP

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Had a little time today so here's a long awaited new installment!

October 10, 2001 – London, England

Piggy stared at the card in her hand and kept looking from it to the phone. Janice said to call anytime. But this was harder than she thought. She wanted to ask Janice so much more about Kermit. Mainly she wanted to ask how she could contact him directly. She figured she could call Pete’s but she didn’t want to talk to Jenny. Not after what had happened.

Finally she gave in and picked up the phone.

“What’s happening?” came a familiar gravelly sounding voice on the other end.

“Dr. Teeth?” whispered Piggy.

“The one and only. Who do I have the pleasure of conversing with?” said Dr. Teeth.

“Um, it’s Miss Piggy,” said Piggy.

“Far out! Janice said she ran into not too long ago. How are things shaking with you?” said Dr. Teeth.

“Well, I was hoping to talk to Janice a little more, she told me to call anytime,” said Piggy.

“I am wounded! We don’t talk for 15 years and you don’t want to shoot the breeze with me for even a minute?” said Dr. Teeth feigning disappointment.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I, um, it’s just that, um,” stuttered Piggy.

“Relax baby I’m just giving you a hard time. I’ll go get the divine Miss J for you. Nice to hear from you though,” said Dr. Teeth laughing a little.

“Good to talk to you too,” said Piggy sighing with relief.

“Hello?” came Janice’s voice on the line a few seconds later.

“Janice! It’s Piggy. I’m calling since you said I could call,” said Piggy.

“Oh like, fer sure. How’s it going?” said Janice.

“It’s good. Um, so I actually wanted to ask you a question,” said Piggy.

“Go fer it,” said Janice.

“Do you think you could give me Kermit’s contact information?” asked Piggy.

“Oh, uh, sure. You know it’s funny you mention Kermit,” said Janice.

“Why’s that?” asked Piggy.

“Well he called here a few days ago to let us know that he sold the show,” said Janice.

“The show?” asked Piggy. She had almost forgotten what had led them all to New York so many years ago in the first place. After all they’d been through she never even thought about the show anymore.

“Yeah, it’s a good thing you called when you did, we’re leaving for the states in a few days,” said Janice.

“That soon? Wow,” said Piggy. She was starting to think that the damage in their relationship must be too deep if Kermit didn’t try to get in touch with her to have her reprise her role.

“So anyway, what’s your number?” asked Janice.

“My number?” asked Piggy. She was a little taken aback.

“Yeah, little green dude asked me to get it from you,” said Janice.

Piggy almost dropped the phone. Kermit wanted to talk to her! He did want her in the show!

“Oh, sure I can give it to you,” said Piggy. She rattled it off and got a few more details from Janice about the show. She learned that a Broadway producer had stumbled into Pete’s and that thanks to Rizzo; Kermit showed the producer the script.

“So like are you going to call Kermit or wait for him to call you?” asked Janice.

Piggy hesitated for a moment. She knew in her heart what she wanted to do, but she wasn’t sure if she could.

“I don’t know yet. Give him my number though. I’ll hopefully talk to you soon. Thanks so much Janice,” said Piggy.

After she hung up the phone she went over to the computer Nicky bought for her (though she wasn’t sure if he actually bought it or if he obtained it in some other fashion) and attempted to look up flights to New York. They weren’t cheap. She’d have to ask Nicky for some money and well, that wasn’t always an easy task.

She was startled when she heard Nicky turning the key in the lock of the apartment. She tried to shut down the webpage but was having difficulty as it wasn’t easy for a pig to type and use a mouse.

“Sweetheart? Where are you?” asked Nicky.

“In the office darling, I’ll be right there,” said Piggy.

“What are you looking at?” said Nicky. He was faster than she realized.

“Um, just getting a headstart on finding plane tickets to New York in case your sister changes her mind about attending a 9/11 tribute,” said Piggy. She knew it was a stretch since Lady Holiday had told her blatantly that she could not care less about attending some lame event in America just the day before.

“Well it’s a good thing you are. Pack your bags princess, she’s changed her mind. We’re all going to New York for the Fashion District’s tribute to the victims next week. She’ll need you along as assistant and well, I’ll be going because she will not travel without me,” said Nicky.

Piggy couldn’t believe her luck. She wasn’t sure how she’d break away from Lady Holiday’s entourage just yet, but it was enough to know that soon she’d be in the same state as Kermit and her other friends. Soon she’d be able to see them all face to face. Soon she would know if Kermit would be willing to bury the hatchet on their bumpy past.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ooooooooh! How very exciting! ! ! ! Loved Dr. Teeth! :big_grin: *begins humming Together Again* More please! ! ! :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Twas good to find this update waiting for me to read it. Thankees Beth. *Huggles. More please!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Yay!

Oh Hooray! Loved this update. I hope Piggy runs into Kermit in New York or they call each other soon. Hopefully we'll find out what happened in the past and why Piggy won't talk to Jenny.

OOH more please! This totally made my day; I can't wait for more!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
October 10, 2001 – New York

Kermit stood in the airport and anxiously paced back and forth. He couldn’t wait to see his best friend. He hadn’t really realized until this moment that he had really missed Fozzie and all of his other friends this much.

Of course, Fozzie’s flight was delayed, air traffic hadn’t quite recovered yet from the day of the attacks and delays were becoming the norm.

Jenny didn’t fight real hard when Kermit told her not to come with him. She understood this was something he needed to do alone, but also there was a bit of a rift growing between them. It wasn’t that they were angry with each other, but almost more of a growing apart. Their lives were changing so rapidly.

Suddenly Kermit felt a paw on his shoulder. He turned around.

“Kermit!” exclaimed Fozzie.

“Fozzie!” exclaimed Kermit and allowed his friend to wrap himself in a big hug. They stood that way for a few minutes, long enough for Kermit to wonder how he let all of his friends get away in the first place.

“You’re still green!” said Fozzie as he pulled away from Kermit.

“What did you think that I’d be chartreuse or something?” asked Kermit.

“No, that is what Gonzo would think. I don’t know, I thought maybe you’d have changed color or something,” said Fozzie.

“I’m not a chameleon,” said Kermit.

“Well anyway, you look great,” said Fozzie.

“Thanks, um, so do you,” said Kermit tripping over the words a little. Fozzie was definitely a wild bear now. His fur was long, shaggy and matted; he appeared to not have had a bath in ages. They’d have to do something about that before the show.

“Yeah, the wilderness agrees with me, don’t it?” asked Fozzie.

“Um, sure,” said Kermit.

“So when’s everyone else coming?” asked Fozzie.

“A couple of more days, I thought you and I could spend some time together and really catch up,” said Kermit.

“I’d like that,” said Fozzie. They started walking to baggage claim.

“Hey Kermit, I just realized something,” said Fozzie.

“What’s that?” asked Kermit.

“It’s Friday!” exclaimed the bear.

Kermit smiled. Fridays with Fozzie. He remembered.

They claimed the luggage and then Kermit hailed a taxi cab to take them to Pete’s.

There was a bit of an uncomfortable silence in the cab.

“So how are Beth and Mollie?” asked Kermit as they drove attempting to break the odd silence.

“They’re good. Mollie can’t wait to come see the big city,” said Fozzie.

“When is your new cub going to be born?” asked Kermit.

“Not until spring. I’m so excited. I never thought I’d ever have kids,” said Fozzie.

“You seem like a great father. I always knew you would be someday,” said Kermit.

“Gosh, that is so nice of you to say,” said Fozzie.

“Well I mean it. You’re a very compassionate guy, I think that translates well into fatherhood,” said Kermit.

“Thanks. You’d be a good father too,” said Fozzie and then realized he shouldn’t have said it.

“Um, yeah,” said Kermit looking away.

“I’m sorry Kermit, I shouldn’t have brought it up,” said Fozzie.

“No, it’s ok, you didn’t do anything wrong. I’m the one that brought up your family,” said Kermit.

The cab slowed down in front of Pete’s and Kermit and Fozzie hopped out.

“Wow, it looks the same,” said Fozzie grateful that they could change the subject.

“We really haven’t made any changes over the years. Why mess with what works?” said Kermit.

They stepped inside.

“Rizzo, I’m back!” yelled Kermit.

“Bout time, half of my siblings called in sick!” yelled Rizzo back.

“Oh great,” said Kermit and sighed.

“It’s ok Kermit, maybe I can help,” said Fozzie.

Kermit looked at the crowd waiting for lunch and back to his somewhat unkempt friend. Well, if Fozzie washed his hands at least maybe he could use him in the kitchen.

“Ok sure, scrub up and go see if you can help Rizzo in the kitchen. Let’s just get through the lunch rush at least. I’m so sorry,” said Kermit.

“It’s all right,” said Fozzie and made his way to the kitchen.

“Hey I remember you, you’re the one who let me cry on their shoulder,” said Rizzo.

“Hey, you’re the rat!” said Fozzie.

“In the flesh. So you ever fry burgers?” asked Rizzo.

Meanwhile Kermit was rushing around taking orders and finally caught up to Jenny.

“Oh Kermit! Is Fozzie here?” asked Jenny.

“Yeah he’s in the kitchen. I didn’t realize we’d be this backed up. He said he’d help though,” said Kermit.

“What a great guy!” said Jenny.

“That’s Fozzie all right,” said Kermit and smiled.

Unfortunately Kermit wasn’t able to keep his promise and they ended up working through dinner right up to close.

Kermit apologized profusely as they walked to his apartment.

“It’s ok Kermit; I know that this is still your job. What are you going to do during the show?” asked Fozzie.

“I don’t know yet, I haven’t talked to Jenny about it. I’d like her to do our costumes, I’d like Rizzo and the other rats to be in the show so that leaves me without anyone to run the restaurant. But we can’t close. I promised Pete I’d keep the place going,” said Kermit.

“Wow,” said Fozzie at a loss as to what they could do.

“I don’t know, I’m hoping once the rest of the gang is here we can figure something out,” said Kermit.

“I’m sure we will,” said Fozzie.

They walked in silence a little longer.

“Um Kermit? I haven’t wanted to ask but have you gotten in touch with Piggy yet?” asked Fozzie.

“Not yet, but I’m going to try. I really want to bring her back here. I know where she is at least,” said Kermit.

“That’s good,” said Fozzie.

He really wanted to ask Kermit the question that had been burning in his head for the last 15 years. After they arrived at Kermit’s apartment and settled on his couch with some cold beverages Fozzie finally got the courage to do it.

“Kermit? What happened with Piggy? I know part of the story, but I don’t know if I know the whole story,” said Fozzie.

Kermit sighed. He knew he couldn’t avoid this forever.

“It’s such a long story Fozzie,” said Kermit.

“I know, but please Kermit, I’m your friend. You’ve shut me and the others out for too long now don’t you think?” asked Fozzie.

Kermit didn’t know when his friend had gotten so smart, but he had to admit he was right. He took a deep breath and finally let out everything that had been bottled up inside of him for years.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No! You can't leave us hanging like that. As much as I love that Kermit and Fozzie were the first to bond in terms of getting the gang together again... There's a sadness there that I'm sure most will pick up on... But the sense of sadness that hits me most is the thought of Kermit and Jenny growing apart. Thank you Ish.
*Strong huggles. :super: