Toga's Total Teasers and Tale Title Tally

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
...Or, in other words, why I haven't posted anything in ages.

Yes, here it is, my birthday. A year ago today, I started posting Flippersteps in the Sand. It's still not done. On Prawnie's birthday, I started posting Say Cheese! It's still not done. On my 3500th post, I started posting A Heart of Gold. It's still not done. Do I see a trend here?

Well, the naggers do, that's for sure.

I thought that, on this here birthday of mine, I would give you all, my dear friends a readers, a little... tour, shall we say, of my minds. A list of all the tales keeping me from my present tales. With little description stuff, so you get a vague idea of what's going on.

One key accronym you must know. TBNL means "Teddy Bear Neccessity Level."

I'll have a separate post for each story, and I'll be posting throughout the day, so... stay tuned, folks!

Now then, which one was I gonna do first... Well, since it IS the anniversary...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The Flippersteps Series, Part I: Flippersteps in the Sand

Title: The Flippersteps Series, Part I: Flippersteps in the Sand

Writing status: 37 sequential chapters written. Unknown number of additional chapters written through torment lines.

Posting status: 37 Chapters posted

Inspiration: At some point Fall 2005, many Kermit/Piggy stories were flying through my mind (I only had one then) that were strikingly similar, so I combined them. This part of the series involves two of those stories.

TBNL: Mostly high with frequent relief. Particular times to beware of include 1978, 1990, 1992, 2001, 2005, and 2006.

Ushy Gushy: Roughly 20-35%

Additional reasons for posting delay: Timeline configurations

Small Excerpt:

For a moment, he was silent.

She waited.

"We failed," he said quietly.

She gulped and stepped closer. "We'll try again," she assured him.

He shook his head. "Maybe we can't," he said. "Maybe we can't do it... without Jim."

christyb

Reaction score
Hey girl! Long time no hear. How's it going? We miss ya. I think all of us are sinking in to that "I have stories but no time to write them!" Hole I have three myself which are all on a backburner now b/c of other things. Happy Birthday and oh yeah, you might want to revive your other half.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Lisa.
Nice alliteration in the thread's title.
I can't wait to read the rest of the tale...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... I like this introspective approach. Especially since like Sis said, we all have stories floating in our heads or creative projects that frustrate us to no end when we can't decide what to create. So keep posting and we'll keep reading, or nagging, or something.
And happy birthday again.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh, SO glad we seem to like the teaser idea! Yay! Now then, the next story... Hm, might as well go sequentially.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The Flippersteps Series, Part II: Flippersteps of Dance

Title: The Flippersteps Series, Part II: Flippersteps of Dance

Writing status: Unknown number of chapters written through torment lines

Posting status: Not yet posted

Inspiration: Please see “Flippersteps Series, Part I: Flippersteps in the Sand.” Combination of two of the stories.

TBNL: Extremely high throughout. Particularly beware of most phone calls.

Ushy Gushy: Hardly worth mentioning.

Additional reasons for posting delay: Can’t be posted until “Flippersteps Series, Part I: Flippersteps in the Sand” is complete.

Small Excerpt:

Rowlf looked up from the piano, but did not stop playing. "It's about Kermit, right?" he whispered, so that the others in the room wouldn't hear.

Fozzie nodded. "Are you worried about him, too?"

"Of course I'm worried," Rowlf said. "I mean, the past few weeks, he's been-"

"You mean since Piggy left, right?" Fozzie said, suddenly angry. "I'm sick of acting like we don't know, and- and acting like she never even existed! Just say it, Rowlf. He's been acting different ever since Piggy left."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha? That's quite powerful... Too bad Flippersteps 1's stalled.