1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We now have an official release date on The Muppet Show Season 2. August 7th...

Episode Listing: Don Knotts, Zero Mostel, Milton Berle, Rich Little, Judy Collins, Nancy Walker, Edgar Bergen, Steve Martin, Madeline Kahn, George Burns, Dom DeLuise, Bernadette Peters, Rudolf Nureyev, Elton John, Lou Rawls, Cleo Laine, Julie Andrews, Jaye P. Morgan, Peter Sellers, Petula Clark, Bob Hope, Teresa Brewer, John Cleese, Cloris Leachman.

Bonus Features:
    • Original Pilot: "The Muppets Valentine Show"
    • The Muppets on Muppets: Kermit, Gonzo and Rizzo sit down for all new exclusive interviews
    • Weezer & The Muppets: More than just a music video
    • ...and much more!

Retail Specifications:
    • 4-disc DVD collection
    • $39.99 suggested retail price
    • Release date: August 7, 2007

Since most all of us will be getting The Muppet Show Season 2, I'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with free shipping.
  2. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Oh I'm so excited!!! I wonder what The Muppets on The Muppets is... Did it exist before or is it new? I looked on the wiki and couldn't find it, so... Oh geez, if it's new or old I don't care, I'm SO EXCITED!!!!
  3. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Sounds wonderful!!! I can't wait!

This means that by Christmas I'll finally get to see two of my favorite things together: The Muppets and Bernadette Peters. :flirt:
  4. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

5. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

OMG I love Bernadette Peters too :) And that's one great episode, especially for fans of Robin the Frog (and I don't think there's a single person who doesn't like Robin).
  6. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I'm SO EXCITED! This is excellent. The features sound pretty cool too, especially the Weezer one. This is excellent. THANK YOU DISNEY for giving us a release date! :)
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

It's cool we got a date, bit later but not too late. Since nothing seemed to be happening on this for ages i hope this new lady in charge of the Muppets uses it to get some Muppets out there in the media to promote it. Interesting to see they put Weezer on it, but quite cool too as that was pretty good. I'm wondering just how much they've cut this about though since there was so many "issues" that delayed it.

And from what i heard from before (and things must have moved on quite fast since then) that giant Piggy head packaging on TVshowsonDvD is what i expected to be available, maybe thats the Ltd Edition Version.
  8. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I've always wanted to see it, but haven't ever been able to.

Well, that might not be the complete truth, because there are some videos from the episode on YouTube, so I have had the opportunity. But I decided I'd rather wait to see the whole episode together instead of just clips. :)
  9. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Huh, that's very odd... The Ultimate Disney site has the Piggy face one too.

Well, who knows how recently the preview on the Dinosaurs DVD was made... Huh.
  10. anytimepally

Yeah, but it works for me.. that's the cover art I voted for! :D .. it's more like Season 1's cover than any of the other choices
  11. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Yeah I voted for that one too. :)
  12. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I certainly hope they continue with the Muppet Morsels feature.
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah that is my favourite cover art too. I wonder if maybe they could make that furry!
  14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Yes, I almost forgot to add, this season contains some of my favourite episodes: Edgar Bergen, Steve Martin, Elton John, John Cleese, Peter Sellers, Bob Hope, Julie Andrews... it is star-studded and FABULOUS!

I hope that everything is included, of course. Considering that we waited two years for this set, as a consumer and a fan I will be expecting the best. I can't wait! :)

Also, I like this cover much better than the other that was previously reported to be the official cover.
  15. anytimepally

me, too.. it worries me that there's no mention of it.. I loved that on Season 1
  16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah the Muppet morsels were one of the best parts, I hope they're still in there.

There was something called Muppets on Puppets years ago. Either that's it and that's a typo, or it's something completely different. If it's the latter, it could be the Muppet characters talking about themselves or something similar. I don't usually want to watch the current Muppet stuff so, ::shrugs:: But still, I'm glad the DVD is coming out. :)
  17. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I, too, thought the Muppet Morsels were great. Very interesting and informational... so much of the stuff you ever hear about TMS is the same info, the same quotes, over and over again. And most of it comes from Of Muppets and Men. It was refreshing to get some "new" info for a change. ;)
  18. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Hmmm interesting. Muppets on Puppets was made pre-TMS, but then again, it's a lot closer to it than Weezer is, haha! I hope it is something new though, hopefully with the Muppets talking about themselves, because I always find that HI-larious. Like in the Secrets of the Muppets? That was awesome. I remember seeing that as a kid on Nick and just laughing hysterically as Gonzo freaked out.
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I saw Secrets of the Muppets too (on Nick), that was awesome!

Jim: And operating Gonzo is Mr. Dave Goelz...

Dave: Well the thing to remember here is that my own personality has absolutely nothing to do with this weirdo! :concern:

All: Oh yeah right!

Kermit: Sure, they believe that, Dave!

Well, if it's something new, I probably won't enjoy it as much as everything else. But that's fine, I'm just glad the set is out at all. :)
  20. anytimepally

I love that part!!

Jim: Gonzo doesn't have real arms
    Gonzo: Waaaaiiit a minute.. of course I have real arms.. this man is deranged!

:crazy: :concern:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.