TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
As far as I know we still don't have any conclusive date set for its release and what features will be on it are only speculative.
But it should come eventually and hopefully one of the bonuses will be The Muppet Valentine Show uncut of course. No harm in hoping at least.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Errrgghh...I know I shouldnt be getting impatient but if this set isnt good ill be kinda mad....lol

Engineernerd

Reaction score
It's the Muppet Show! I'd buy it, even if there were no special features at all. However, I really liked the popup video stuff on the first one.

Engineernerd

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard rumors it's been pushed back to 2007. If we get more definite info we'll let everyone know.

DTWolf

Reaction score
giovannii said:
Whats annoys me even more is that Time Life had "Youve Got A Friend" on their releases. IF Time Life could obtain the rights tot he song, how could Disney (one of the biggest companies in the world) not.
Don't forget that TimeLife might own whatever company owns the rights to the song. Maybe TimeLife didn't need to pay for it but felt like charging some ghastly rate for Disney to use it. (I don't know if this is true or not, but the Time-Warner-etc. company owns a LOT of stuff, so it could be.)

anathema

Reaction score
DTWolf said:
Don't forget that TimeLife might own whatever company owns the rights to the song. Maybe TimeLife didn't need to pay for it but felt like charging some ghastly rate for Disney to use it. (I don't know if this is true or not, but the Time-Warner-etc. company owns a LOT of stuff, so it could be.)
That's certainly possible, although it would only explain the Vincent Price show, as it's the only one of the five that T-L released themselves.

However, whatever stopped Disney using 'You've Got A Friend' evidently didn't cause problems for Columbia-Tristar, who have released it three times in the UK over the last few years, or Sony, who released it in France (along with 'All Of Me' and 'Old-fashioned Way') three or four years back. Bridge Pictures also managed to get 'Old-fashioned Way' for a recent Dutch release.

'You've Got A Friend' is definitely licensable (at some price) for the UK, as it's been used recently in AA adverts (that's the Automobile Association, not the other one ;-)

suggsy

Reaction score
2007? Wow, that is a long wait for a set that sold so well.

rowlf

Reaction score
As I've said before, welcome to the Disney era of the Muppets. I'd be surprised if we don't get a "cancelled" notice before too long, with the geniuses at Disney trying to claim there was lack of interest. At the very best, the long delay will impact sales of a season two set, causing the remainder of the series to be scrapped.
You can't wait over a year between season releases and expect sales to continue to be high...people will just move on to something else. The new management team at Disney seems to be tarnishing the company's image.