TMS Outline:Shaun Cassidy

Pug Lover

Reaction score
NOTE:For those of you who don't know,Shaun Cassidy was a popular teen rock star during the late 1970s.He also played the role of Joe Hardy in the TV series adaptation of The Hardy Boys during the same period.

Season 3(1978/79)is the setting for this outline.

COLD OPENNING/DRESSING ROOM

SCOOTER:"Shaun Cassidy,fifteen seconds to curtain Shaun."

SHAUN CASSIDY:"Thank you Scooter."

STRANGEPORK(who's in the room with the guest star):"Then you ain't the real Joe Hardy of the Hardy boys?"

SHAUN CASSIDY:"That's what I've been telling you.I'm actor Shaun Cassidy who plays the role of Joe Hardy."

STRANGEPORK:"Quick Scooter call the cops.We have an imposter in our theatre."

OPENNING THEME

GONZO'S TRUMPET GAG

OPENNING NUMBER

BELCONY

WALDORF:"Ya woke me up ta tell me that?"

BACKSTAGE

KERMIT(in distress):"You're selling my theatre?"

J.P:"Correction frog.My theatre.Have you forgotten I still own it?Anyway,this new buyer happens to be head of a new advertising company,who plans to have this old theatre converted into a brand new shopping mall."

Scooter:"Wow uncle J.P.That is such thrilling news.Isn't it exciting boss?"

Kermit hangs his head in disbelief.

J.P:"I'm expecting this person here any minute now."

GUEST STAR SPOT

ANIMAL(occasional background vocal):"SURFIN U-S-AAAAAAAAA".

PIGS IN SPACE SKETCH

BACKSTAGE

J.P:"Pleasure is mine ma'am.As you can see,this theatre doesn't have a lot more life left in it,and will have to come down sooner or later."

KATIE MALONE:"Yes indeed.This is the perfect sight the new ACME Super Shopping Centre."

KERMIT:"Oh boy.That's all we need is another shopping centre."

KATIE MALONE:"What's with the frog?"

SCOOTER:"Oh that's Kermit The Frog.The host of the TV show."

KATIE MALONE:"A frog hosting a TV show?Now I've heard everything."

MUPPET LAB
A new world travelling machine that will take you to any part of the world you want to go.Simply step inside the machine,press a certain code for a certain part of the world,and(POOF)you're already there.But Beaker presses a wrong button on the machine,and he and Bunsun wind up stuck in the freezing cold south pole.So they have to try and figure out how to get back to the show.

DRESSING ROOM
Miss Piggy visits Shaun Cassidy in his dressing room.Shaun tells Miss Piggy that he's always had the hots for her.Miss Piggy is delightfully flattered.They both engage in a duet rendition of The Bells' hit song"Stay Awhile".

FOZZIE BEAR'S JOKE SPOT

THE SWEDISH CHEF SKETCH
Swedish Chef attempts to cook Chicken Stew.He puts a frightened Camilla into the boiling pot.Gonzo,shocked and horrified,rushes onto the stage to Camilla's rescue.He then orders a gang of chickens to attack Swedish Chef.

CLOSING NUMBER

GOODNIGHTS

KERMIT:"I am so glad to hear that Shaun,because this just might be the last show we ever do."

KATIE MALONE:"Are you kiddin' me frog?After watching this wonderful show,there's no way I'll have the theatre torn down for any shopping centre.Keep this show going."

KERMIT:"Oh thank you so much ma'am.We'll see you next time on The Muppet Show."

Among the closing crowd
Fozzie
Scooter
Rowlf
Janice
Floyd
Uncle Deadley
(Swedish Chef runs by with the gang of chickens still chasing after him.)

CLOSING THEME