TMS outline- Bing Crosby!

P

Princeton

The Muppet Show with Bing Crosby
STYLE- 5TH SEASON (CIRCA GLADYS KNIGHT EP)

Cold Opening- Pops is asleep at his desk.
Bing (walks in twirling a golf club in his right hand)- Excuse me, old timer, sorry for waking you, but could you answer a question for me?
Pops(wakes up)- who are you calling "old timer", old timer?
Bing- So sorry, sir. Is this where they have The Muppet Show?
Pops- Even I could figure that out.

Gonzo- blows trumpet, golf balls come shooting out.

Opening Number- Scooter sings "Looking Out My Back Door".

Backstage- Kermit sees the Swedish Chef unloading a fruit truck. About to lose his cool, Kermit asks why would Swedish Chef be unloading fruit in the middle of the show. Swedish Chef explains as a tribute to the guest host. Kermit looks at the fruit crates and each one is labeled the same. Kermit frowns and shakes his head; the crates are labled "Bing Cherries".

Song- Bing sings "White Christmas".

Skit- Bing, all drssed up in a blue pinstripe suit, is driving down a country road and keeps picking up hitch hikers. They are on their way to Piggy's birthday party. When Bing finally gets there, Piggy screams at him for being late and demands to know why he has all these hitch hikers. Bing casually replies "They were going my way".

UK Skit- Crazy Harry sings "Seasons In The Sun".

Dressing Room- Bing teaches various Muppets how to sing in that "crooning" style that made him famous.

Vet's Hospital- Dr. Bob, Nurse Janice, and Nurse Piggy are sting around the operating table waiting for a patient. Statler and Waldorf can be heard from the balcony, saying "Who in their right mind would go to Dr. Bob to be treated?". Just then, Gonzo pops up from under the sheet and Waldorf says "I rest my case".

Closing Number- Bing sings "Swinging On A Star".

Closing Theme

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Good job Brian.Made me laugh at the opening clip with Bing & Pops(and Bing twirling his golf club).Way to go.And hiya,long time no see.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Bing Crosby is dead, so he should be in the early second season outline.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
It doesn't make much difference with these outlines. Anyone from any time period is fair game.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
It doesn't make much difference with these outlines. Anyone from any time period is fair game.
Hmm...that's one argument I could use in favor of doing a Harpo Marx outline (he died in 1964)...

-Kim

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Bing cherries- LOL! This was a good one, Princeton. Also liked the 'going my way' gag and the idea of a dressing room scene with Bing teaching his singing style. Keep it up!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole