TMS - Dudley Moore UK airdate

David French

Reaction score
By complete chance I discovered a clip on YouTube of the ITN news for 10/29/1979, the first night that programming resumed on ATV (the channel that TMS aired in the UK) and discovered that the clip had channel listings for that night.

As some of you may know, the exact UK airdate of Dudley Moore's episode has caused some frustration owing to the fact that it's not listed in some episode guides. However, I am happy to announce that the above clip confirms that the Muppet Show was in fact one of the first shows to air that night @ 7pm and Dudley Moore's episode was the lucky one. As such I have amended the Muppet wiki article on TMS concerning the UK airdates of the fourth series.

Incidentally, that section of the article contains something *very* interesting about the UK airdates for that series...

David French

Reaction score
As it would be a link to copyright material I'm afraid I'm going to have to be Mr Goody-Good and say no. However, the keywords I used were "Muppet Show - Dudley Moore". From memory it's the first non-Muppet clip that is listed.

The clip also includes the cold start and opening theme up to the moment the cast stop singing.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
To find the video on youtube. It's called "News at 545 with Leonard Parkin (1979) Part 2"

Hope this helps :smile: