Tips, pointers, links?

BorkWockaMeep

Reaction score
Herro!
I'm new to puppet building and was wondering if you all could give me some tips. I know there are a lot of threads on the basics, but there are so many, argh! So, sending me some links would be fantastic!

I bought my first pattern, the 'glorified-sock-puppet,' from projectpuppet.com, and am oober-excited to start building one. I was wondering if anyone has built a puppet without the antron fleece (not including faux-fur) and reticulated foam, for I am low on cash; plus, antron fleece is sold out and reticulated foam isn't sold at your local fabric shop. I'm looking for materials which could be bought local. I'm thinking pill fleece, it'll give the puppet some character (for my first one), but, as for the foam, I have no idea.

Also, what have you guys used in terms of the puppet's palate? Does cardboard work? I know plastic is good, or maybe thin wood from the hobby store... any other creative ideas? And, rods for the hands... I was thinking old wire-hangers with duct-tape?

Anyway, I look forward to your answers, and to be a very active member of the community! If anyone would like to share their videos, pics or blogs, I am more than eager to receive, enjoy and learn from all of you!

Be well!
Julie

BorkWockaMeep

Reaction score
Thanks CW! I loved watching the very first videos, they are really cute! I'll be out getting materials after my payday and following your instructions... I can't wait :smile: