Time Warp Heals All Wounds

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
PuppyLuver Studios presents...

Time Warp Heals All Wounds

The f’real sequel to The Scoop of the Century

Prologue

IMPORTANT! Please don’t read this if you haven’t read The Scoop of the Century. It’s called a “sequel” for a reason.

I totally stole the title for this story from an English-dub episode title of Pokémon Battle Frontier, which in turn based it off the phrase “time heals all wounds”.

No, I don’t have an IM thinger. Don’t bother asking for my screenname on AIM/MSN/Yahoo/whatever.

This was written back when Total Drama Island was nearing its grand finale. OWEN WON. TOTALLY.

------------------

A midnight chill blew through the street. Though it was very late, one could hear the beat coming out of the club from a mile away, as usual. The bald, green-skinned bouncer wearing shades was the only one to even vaguely notice anything strange. A blue and pink glow came from in the back of the alleyway. From it exited four kids whose appearances were stark contrasts with each other. One, a teenage boy, was wearing a mostly black outfit with a jester’s cloak and hat in blue and orange, combined with a split-color mask and orange and blue hair. He was holding two glowing objects, one that resembled an hourglass with blue jewels around the top, bottom and middle and metallic spikes coming out each end, the other being a pink disk with purple ridges around the edge surrounding a pink pearl implanted in the middle. A young girl, not much older than six or seven, clung to the boy’s cloak. She had amber eyes and tricolor hair(pink, black and white) and was wearing a pink-and-white T-shirt with a navy blue skirt and green flip-flops. A teenage female pig and a young male frog were with them. The pig girl wore matching pink mittens and boots with blue shirt-n-shorts with a smaller aqua overshirt and a pink ribbon in her brown hair. The frog wore a green jacket over an orange shirt, blue jeans and green sneakers.

“Are you sure we’re in the right place?” the frog asked, brushing his bushy blonde hair out of his eyes. “This doesn’t look like the Muppet Theater to me...”

“Yeah, it doesn’t look at all like the photographs Mom showed us,” the pig said. “I think your artifacts are wack.”

The jester boy scratched his head. “I don’t understand, I thought I put in the right information...” He looked at the artifacts he was holding. “Are we where we needed to go?” he asked.

Yes, we are, a male voice from the hourglass-like object said.

No, we are not, a second, female voice from the disk argued.

Oh, you’re just saying that because you know I’m right and you refuse to admit it! the hourglass shouted. We are in the right time. Of this I am certain.

I completely acknowledge that you are right about the period in time. I know nothing about how the flow of time functions. the disc said, somewhat angrily. But I do know about the dimensions, and this is not the right one.

“Guys, guys! Quit arguing!” the jester boy said in a hurried, hushed tone. “You’re gonna give us away!”

The pig sighed. “Why don’t we just ask where we are?” she asked.

“Great idea.” By some strange power, the hourglass and disc shrunk until they were small enough for the jester boy to put in his pocket. The four kids left the alleyway and approached the first living thing they found, which was the club’s bouncer. “Excuse me,” the jester said to him, “my name is... Dineoh... and I was wondering, is this the Muppet Theater? I’ve heard that there was a theater in this part of town and my friends and I wanted to check it out.”

“Feh... Muppet Theater?” the bouncer scoffed. “Never heard of this so-called ‘Muppet Theater’. This is Club Dot.” He motioned up to the sign above the door. There were no words on it, only a large black dot.

“Oh... my mistake. Well, we’ll just go, then.” They turned to leave.

“Don’t worry about it. You kids aren’t the first who’ve made that mistake. A few years ago, some frog wandered in, called me a doctor and asked if I knew him.” The bouncer laughed. “Few minutes later, I heard him gettin’ thrown out the back.”

The jester boy laughed nervously. “Well, sorry to bother you...” he said. They left soon after.

I told you so... the disk giggled. The hourglass said nothing. They all soon vanished from the street, the only one noticing being the bouncer, who stared at the spot they once were in shock.

------------------

Dear Mom and Dad, I’m doing fine
You guys are on my mind
You asked me what I wanted to be
And now I think the answer is plain to see
I wanna be famous!

The TV was blaring in the background, though no one was in the room to watch. The owner of the TV in question was listening to the show from the computer room and would occasionally duck her head in to see what was going on. It was all reruns, though, the second of a two-day long Total Drama Island marathon. Jess liked Total Drama Island, but she longed to see the final episode more than she wished to see all of the season’s prior episodes. Since that wouldn’t happen until Thursday, she turned off the TV and put on some music downloads that had been used in the Sega Saturn game “NiGHTS into Dreams”. Then she turned back to chatting online with one of her best friends: Natalie Jay, who also happened to be her next-door neighbor. Her online screen-name was BlueZapdosChick, which made sense considering she was half blue jay and could control lightning.

PuppyLuver: Sorry 'bout the delay. Wanted to put on some music. I mean, the marathon's cool, but I've already seen it all. It's old hat now.
BlueZapdosChick: That's okay. So, who do you think will win?

Back to that again, Jess thought happily. She pulled up a different webpage while thinking of her response.

PuppyLuver: Well, I really want Gwen to win, since she reminds me as a Goth version of myself. But I dunno... I read the Wikipedia article for TDI once and I saw the entry for the Canadian finale. It said Owen won. But I wouldn't get my hopes up. American TV editor moguls like to edit things to fit their fancy and "won’t offend or confuse" the "typical American TV audience", which I can only imagine that they represent it with a xenophobic goldfish. You see it happen in anime all the time. Case in point: Brock's "donuts" or the atrocity of *shudder shudder* MewMew Power.
BlueZapdosChick: D8 Eww! You actually watched that dub flop?
PuppyLuver: I didn't know any better! Plus, I didn't even know the manga existed until we went to Jersey to visit Uncle Bill...
BlueZapdosChick: Uncle Who?
PuppyLuver: One of my mom's brothers.
*Mimikins joined the chat!
Mimikins: Hey Jess! I got your email!

“Mimi?” Jess shouted to herself. “What the—?”

Mimikins: Jess? You there? Hello!
PuppyLuver: Mimi! What are you doing here?
Mimikins: Wanted to check up on you, silly. :stick_out_tongue:
BlueZapdosChick: Jess? Who is this person?
Mimikins: I'm Mimi! I'm a friend of Jess! *waves hello at BlueZapdosChick*
BlueZapdosChick: Nice to meet you. I'm Natalie, another friend of Jess. *waves hello back* ^_^

Jess put her hand over her eyes in embarrassment. Mimi was interrupting a very private conversation! Okay, so it was about anime dub changes and Total Drama Island, but still!

PuppyLuver: Hey Mimi, me and Nat were in the middle of a conversation. Don't you think you're being a bit rude interrupting like that?
BlueZapdosChick: We were only talking about anime dub changes and TDI...
Mimikins: TDI? You mean Total Drama Island? EEEEEE I LOVE that show! I really liked it when Heather got her head shaved then got kicked off! *w00t*
BlueZapdosChick: I know, that was my favorite part! Well, that and when Lindsay totally told Heather off! And when Leshawna rerouted the bathroom pipes and Heather got a sewage shower!
PuppyLuver: Yes, we can all agree that Heather got her long-deserved comeuppance.
Mimikins: GO OWEN!
BlueZapdosChick: I take it you want Owen to win it, then?
Mimikins: GO OWEEENN!
BlueZapdosChick: My thoughts exactly! *w00t*
BlueZapdosChick: Well, I gotta go. Supper. See ya.
*BlueZapdosChick left the chat.

Glad that’s over, Jess thought to herself. She went back to typing.

PuppyLuver: MIMI! What were you thinking?
Mimikins: What? I wasn't really interrupting anything important, was I?
PuppyLuver: No, but still! You could've gotten both of us in SERIOUS trouble! Natalie doesn't know you're, well... real!
Mimikins: So?
*2worlds1rocker joined the chat!
*Afro-or-Euro joined the chat!
2worlds1rocker: Hey guys, what's up?
Mimikins: GO OWEEENN!
Afro-or-Euro: Uh, what? Who’s "OWEEENN"?
PuppyLuver: Don’t ask.

Jess giggled quietly to herself. “Afro-or-Euro” could only be Web the Swallow, referencing that one line that everyone associated with swallows. And since she had long since heard the story of Misty’s past, she could safely assume that she was behind the guise of “2worlds1rocker”. As her music player switched from “Take the Snow Train” to “The Mantle”, she continued her response.

PuppyLuver: So, Web, any info on Errol's old Saturn?
Afro-or-Euro: Oh yeah, that. Well, he checked the "Closet of No Return" and managed to find that game you were looking for, plus Christmas NiGHTS, but the Saturn remains hidden. :frown:
PuppyLuver: Cuh-rap! Did he say anything about whether I could borrow it if he found it?
Afro-or-Euro: He said you could have it, so long as it didn’t kill itself in that closet after all these years.
PuppyLuver: Eeeeeeeee! *excited*
2worlds1rocker: Wha?
PuppyLuver: NiGHTS into Dreams. I've only played the Wii sequel and I really, REALLY wanna play the original.
Mimikins: Can I play?
PuppyLuver: Not until I get it. And I've gotten a decent progress through the game.
Mimikins: :frown:

The sax solo part of The Mantle was coming up. It reminded Jess of an insane, card-throwing Zoot wearing a strange two-pronged hat and long cape every time she listened to it. (Some of you may get the joke, some may not.) Suddenly, she heard something, and it wasn’t part of The Mantle. She paused the music briefly and listened. It sounded like there was rustling outside the window.

PuppyLuver: Guys, I think I just heard something outside my window!
Mimikins: D8
2worlds1rocker: Don't go outside to check! I've seen people do that in horror movies. They're always the first to go. D8
PuppyLuver: I think it was just the neighbor's cat.
PuppyLuver: I hope it was just the neighbor's cat.

Jess opened the blinds. Everything was dark, except for the large light that lit up the back yard. It illuminated Tidbit’s area, where he was standing on his house. Weird, Jess thought. He’d normally be asleep by now.

PuppyLuver: I just checked outside. Doesn't look like anything's there, really.
PuppyLuver: And no, Misty, I didn't actually GO outside. I looked out the window. =P
2worlds1rocker: *phew!*
Afro-or-Euro: That's a relief.
Mimikins: It was the Grinning Man! *lol*
PuppyLuver: Oh god, no! Not the Grinning Man! *lol*

Just then, Jess heard the noise again. It sounded like it was getting closer to the house...

PuppyLuver: Guys, I'm scared. I just heard it again.
Mimikins: Don't go outside!
Afro-or-Euro: Don't go outside!
2worlds1rocker: Don't go outside!
PuppyLuver: I can't go outside, even if I wanted to!
PuppyLuver: I don't want to. Not at all.
PuppyLuver: I'm too scared to get out of the chair, even!

She turned around slowly......

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Mimikins: Jess? You still there?
*PuppyLuver left the chat.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Finds this story... And yes, ju know I've read Scoop already.

Ha, I remember that episode. Mae and Meowth teamup to stop a doctor from leaving his sweetheart who's pregnant behind. That's where Mae's egg hatched into an Evee which we now know thanks to Battle Dimension evolved into a Glaceon.

TDI! ! ! I love that show too! Was rooting for Gwen all year long. Total Drama Action's started up, I'm not as up-to-date with episodes there. Pfeh, repeats will catch me up anytime. I feel Gwen's not as goth that much anymore. Still rooting for her though.
The marathon... The one this past Memorial Day weekend?

Loved the chat conversation, funny how everybody reacted.
Also, yaey for the Dark Universe (Bo's name for it) with the children and Club Dot.

Pleash, post more? :insatiable: monster sappy googley eyes.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Yes, I know~♪ X3

Yep, the Memorial Day marathon. That was fun times.

Thanks! :big_grin: And I'll try to post the nesxt one as soon as I can. I haven't started on it yet, I'm afraid.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is okay... Post, when ju can. 8D!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm Monsters are so hungry... We want an update right now! Please?

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Aargh, I have left this alone for too dang loooong! I should...probably get back to work.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... You should probably update this one soon. Not to mention upload your MC stories to your fanfiction.net account, as I told ZootyCutie she put hers there too. My name there's Numbervania, though my profile's a blank 0 at the moment. Mmm, guess I should take care of that too.
Ha, post when you can! *Huggles.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sneaks bak in and leaves a candled cake for Jes. Happy belated b-day. Post when you get the chance to update this please. :insatiable: or 8D.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
I...am... SO sorry for the extreme lack of updates. To be frank, I completely forgot about this. I'll try to get back in the groove ASAP.