Time limit on Alerts?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I don't sign in very often but when I do it always tells me there are alerts. I'm assuming they are likes or replies to posts. But when I click on the alerts it says "There are no alerts to show" even though I'll have a little red number two or whatever. Is there a time limit; am I taking too long between sign ins and my alerts disappear?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That's very odd...but you can always just click the actual tab to be taken to your alerts page which shows all of them...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Nah, it's only showing you since you just replied. Earlier it was showing nothing but there was a red number 2 when I signed in. Clicked on alerts and it was blank, then the number went away. :/ I'm just wondering if people have replied and I have missed it? Even if it was weeks ago I'd still like to be able to look at it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Interesting...I just looked at my alert list, and they only go back to Wednesday...

Either way, going to your Watched threads will display all threads you are subscribed to and start you from the first unread post. Alerts only mean someone has replied...your watched threads don't go away

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
After browsing through a sample size of my own alerts, I've found that these include the following:
1 Likes, when someone else clicks "Like" on a post you've made;
2 Replies, when someone replies to a thread you're following/watching/involved in; and
3 Quotes, when a post you made gets quoted in a follow-up reply to said post.

As for their disappearance after a given time-period, that I really don't know how or what happens, but I do know it gets reset after a while. *Shrugs, hope this helps Mrs. P.
*Leaves a mug of hot chocolate for the bosslady of the 3976&½.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
*Takes a sip* Well that's lamesauce but I guess I'm not going crazy and they just expire after awhile. Thanks for the clarification.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Lamesauce? What's that made of? I prefer caramel sauce meself. *Brakes off a piece of candy cane windowarching and bites into it.