TIME.com Exclusive: On the Set of the New Muppets Movie

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Read the article and really enjoyed it! Definitely looking forward to seeing the movie even more and I love how everyone describes Jason's muppet fan-ness. Amy Adams is even more awesome since she can sing the lyrics to all the Muppet Movie tunes; awesome. I love how he tries to keep Jason in check, saying that he can't display the Muppet Show sign above his garage because no one would marry him. I'm telling ya, after all the great things I have heard about him and this movie, I think I would marry him, lol! :flirt:

On a more serious note, I was very taken aback when I saw the quote from Eric Jacobsen, "I'm probably a bigger fan of what I grew up watching than what I've been a part of,". I think that says a lot coming from him. Don't get me wrong; I think he is doing a fantastic job with all of Frank's characters, I just think it is a really neat observation that the performers feel like something's off too. He does a great job performing Piggy, but Piggy's character is off from what it used to be. Piggy is more aggressive and diva-ish then she ever was in the old days. I love Piggy being a diva, but I sincerely miss her sweet side and her very witty banter she had with everyone that you definitely don't see as much anymore.

I really hope that this movie is a really big first step in changing that. I would have loved to hear what Eric thinks about this current project. Loved the article and I cannot wait to see this movie even more than I did before, which I thought wasn't possible.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
On a more serious note, I was very taken aback when I saw the quote from Eric Jacobsen, "I'm probably a bigger fan of what I grew up watching than what I've been a part of,". I think that says a lot coming from him. Don't get me wrong; I think he is doing a fantastic job with all of Frank's characters, I just think it is a really neat observation that the performers feel like something's off too.
Yeah that was definitely very decent of him to say and I think he made a valid point. There comes a time when something's clearly not working and you have to take a step back and examine what could be done differently.

beaker

Reaction score
The thing with Eric is, simply on a sound/performance level I find him the closest to his respective replacement characters than anyone else(as much as I love Whitmire's Kermit) I don't for a second stop and think "oh, wait, that's not Frank Oz playing him". We've had a revolving door on some characters, like Statler and Waldorf; but a lot of times something feels off. Scooter just didn't sound right, until we heard him speak at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody.

But yeah it's no secret that even the core performers know something has been amiss.

"I'm going to go back there someday" is hopefully now

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
*feels all warm and fuzzy now...oh wait...already kinda was...MORE so now!*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------