Tim Burton?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
Who did Tim Burton play in the end of the Muppet Movie?
You know that's a really good question, I don't think anyone knows. In this film he's just one of many puppeteers to help out at the end.

But kodos to you Travellingpat, I thought I was the only one who knew about Tim's involement in the Muppet Movie, :smile: :wink:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah Tim Burton did have a hand (yes I might for that pun) in the Muppet Movie.

But along with probably about 100 other people in the finale it was uncredited.

So the only person who would know who Tim Butron puppeteer in the Muppet movie is probably Tim Burton.

To be honset my guess is some minor character like a Koozebanie or some frankle.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Frankle heehee

Next time anyone has a chance to talk to Tim Burton lol, ask him for us ok? lol

Thanks!

Tim

Reaction score
Both Tim Burton and John Landis were assigned to the "Sesame Street" group (I know that because they were only about 5 feet from me-only I did'nt know it then!). I'm only sure that Landis did Grover-it's really difficult to tell exactly how did what from the photos, but he was about 8-10 characters in from the right side.

Burton was about my age at the time (18-ish) and still involved with Disney (or CalArts), so he would have not had much choice in which character he would have performed, and they would not have given him a monster or creature based on who he was, since he was still a kid just helping out on the film, like me, and hadn't become "Tim Burton" yet.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was Tim Burton a puppeteer of some sort at the time?

I wonder if Tim Burton would even be able to tell us who he performed (I'm sure that he would remember what his character(s) looked like, but would he know it's name(s))?

Tim

Reaction score
I'm sure he has an appreciation of the art form since animation and puppetry go hand in hand (as well as the people behind it). And don't forget, his stop-motion figures are of course considered "puppets".

I don't know of anyway to contact him, but maybe one of the Board members does.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Wouldnt it be funny if by some spooky miracle he was reading this? Haha, I know, wishful thinking.

Just for the sake of asking, are there any biographies out that might mention anything?

travellingpat

Reaction score
I doubt any biographies would mention it seeing as it was not obviously a big part