Thunder (A FloydxJanice Songfic Oneshot)

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I actually got this idea because it's been raining and thundering where I live all day today. And this song was the perfect song for a stormy weathered FloydxJanice songfic! :sing::flirt: The song is called "Thunder" by Boys Like Girls. It's PG....just to be safe...
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!!!! The Muppets are owned by Jim Henson, The Walt Disney Company and The Muppet Studios.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CRASH! BANG! BOOM! The sound of a thunderstorm isn't the most exciting thing to hear in the middle of the night. (unless you're Gonzo and you decide to sing "Singin' In The Rain" outside in stormy weather while hail is pelting down on you and you get electrocuted by a couple of jolts of lightning.) Especially in the hotel the Electric Mayhem has booked to stay at during their latest stop on their "tour de world." Sure it was nice on the inside, but when it comes to thunderstorms, no one is safe from ignoring it. All you can hear are earthquake like crashes of thunder, pelts of rain, and flashes of lightning, In fact, every hour and a half or so, Animal would wake up, yell out "EARTHQUAKE" or "IT'S THE END OF WORLD!" (but it wasn't loud enough to wake up the rest of the band, though), and then go back to sleep.

But the one person who really really didn't like thunderstorms at all was Janice. In fact, she was terribly frightened of them, but her deep sleep would always result in ignoring thunderstorms at night. Tonight, she couldn't stand it. It kept her up all through the night. It was bothering Janice like crazy. She was shaking, shivering, and quivering with fear, but she also tried so desperately not to wake up Floyd, whom was sleeping next to her.

They've been sleeping together for years now. Just for this tour, Floyd suggested to Dr. Teeth that he and Janice have their own room, just so he could also have the opportunity to spend time with his "main squeeze" (that.....and make out with her in the room for maybe two hours.) Dr. Teeth, being the fair and kind leader of the band he is (and knowing about Floyd and Janice's long time relationship), let them have their own room for the stop while he shared a room with Zoot and Animal.

Suddenly, a loud burst of thunder roared across the sky, which made Janice yelp quite loud and immediately hold on to Floyd. Floyd awoke at the sound of her yelp, turned on the lights and saw the frightened Janice holding on to him. "Babe, what's the matter?" Floyd asked. "You look like you just had a bad dream." Janice let go of Floyd and said "Not rully. It's like...I don't rully like thunderstorms." "Sounds like you're frightened of them to me," Floyd said. "I am not," Janice said, trying to be brave. Suddenly there was another burst of thunder, which made Janice jump again and she immediately held on tightly to Floyd once again; shuddering in fear. "Liar," Floyd teased. "Okay, so I'm like frightened of thunderstorms..." Janice said, blushing in embarrassment.

Floyd stroked her beautiful blonde hair, trying to soothe her fearful agony. "There there, babe," Floyd said. "I'm here for you. I'm not gonna ever let some thunderstorm scare my girl like that." Janice looked up and said "You like promise? Fer sure?" "I promise," Floyd replied, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

Suddenly, Janice's cell phone went off. She changed the ringtone on her phone almost every month. This month's ringtone: "Thunder" by Boys Like Girls. This gave Floyd an idea! While Janice was replying to a text message from Camilla, Floyd sneaked to get his acoustic guitar on the other side of the room. He doesn't really play it as much as his bass guitar, but he still enjoyed playing it. As soon as Janice finished replying to the text message (She's not a very fast texter), she noticed Floyd tuning up his guitar. "Like, what's with the acoustic?" Janice asked. "You like hardly even play it." "Oh you'll see," Floyd responded. He's heard the song before (It's on Animal's Ipod, which he borrows whenever his dies) so knows how it goes pretty well.

Floyd then began playing and sang:
Today is a winding road
That's taking me to places that I didn't want to go
Whoa
Today in the blink of an eye
I'm holding on to something and I do not know why
I tried

I tried to read between the lines
I tried to look in your eyes
I want a simple explanation
What I'm feeling inside
I gotta find a way out
Maybe there's a way out

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer
Do you know you're unlike any other?
You'll always be my thunder, and I said
Your eyes are the brightest of all the colors
I don't wanna ever love another
You'll always be my thunder
So bring on the rain
And bring on the thunder

While listening, Janice couldn't believe he knew the song, too! She leaned her head on Floyd's right shoulder (He's a left handed guitarist, like her) as she continued to listen to him sing:
Today is a winding road
Tell me where to start and tell me something I don't know
Whoa
Today I'm on my own
I can't move a muscle and I can't pick up the phone
I don't know

And now I'm itching for the tall grass
And longing for the breeze
I need to step outside
Just to see if I can breathe
I gotta find a way out
Maybe there's a way out

Janice then joined Floyd in singing:
So bring on the rain

Janice then sang alone:
Yeah I'm walking on a tightrope
I'm wrapped up in vines
I think I'll make it out but you just gotta give me time

Floyd sang alone:
Strike me down with lightning
Let me feel you in my veins
I wanna let you know how much I feel your pain

Today is a winding road
Whoa

Both Floyd and Janice sang together:
So bring on the rain
And bring on the thunder

So bring on the rain
Oh baby bring on the pain
And listen to the thunder

At the end of the song, Janice gave Floyd a hug and said "Awwww...well like that was rully sweet of you to do, Floyd." "Well....I figured it was fitting," Floyd said. "Whenever another thunderstorm rolls around, always think of me....and the song. Promise, babe?" "Fer sure....I love you," Janice replied and then gave him a kiss on the lips. Floyd returned the favor by kissing her back and layed her down on the bed on top of him, not releasing her from the kiss. When he released her from the kiss, Floyd told her "I love you, too, babe," and then resumed their kiss again.
--------------------------------------------The End------------------------------------
Awww.....a cute FloydxJanice songfic oneshot fluffy story.....there's not enough of this couple....
By the way, here's the song!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I actually got this idea because it's been raining and thundering where I live all day today. And this song was the perfect song for a stormy weathered FloydxJanice songfic! :sing::flirt: The song is called "Thunder" by Boys Like Girls. It's PG....just to be safe...
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!!!! The Muppets are owned by Jim Henson, The Walt Disney Company and The Muppet Studios.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CRASH! BANG! BOOM! The sound of a thunderstorm isn't the most exciting thing to hear in the middle of the night. (unless you're Gonzo and you decide to sing "Singin' In The Rain" outside in stormy weather while hail is pelting down on you and you get electrocuted by a couple of jolts of lightning.) Especially in the hotel the Electric Mayhem has booked to stay at during their latest stop on their "tour de world." Sure it was nice on the inside, but when it comes to thunderstorms, no one is safe from ignoring it. All you can hear are earthquake like crashes of thunder, pelts of rain, and flashes of lightning, In fact, every hour and a half or so, Animal would wake up, yell out "EARTHQUAKE" or "IT'S THE END OF WORLD!" (but it wasn't loud enough to wake up the rest of the band, though), and then go back to sleep.

But the one person who really really didn't like thunderstorms at all was Janice. In fact, she was terribly frightened of them, but her deep sleep would always result in ignoring thunderstorms at night. Tonight, she couldn't stand it. It kept her up all through the night. It was bothering Janice like crazy. She was shaking, shivering, and quivering with fear, but she also tried so desperately not to wake up Floyd, whom was sleeping next to her.

They've been sleeping together for years now. Just for this tour, Floyd suggested to Dr. Teeth that he and Janice have their own room, just so he could also have the opportunity to spend time with his "main squeeze" (that.....and make out with her in the room for maybe two hours.) Dr. Teeth, being the fair and kind leader of the band he is (and knowing about Floyd and Janice's long time relationship), let them have their own room for the stop while he shared a room with Zoot and Animal.

Suddenly, a loud burst of thunder roared across the sky, which made Janice yelp quite loud and immediately hold on to Floyd. Floyd awoke at the sound of her yelp, turned on the lights and saw the frightened Janice holding on to him. "Babe, what's the matter?" Floyd asked. "You look like you just had a bad dream." Janice let go of Floyd and said "Not rully. It's like...I don't rully like thunderstorms." "Sounds like you're frightened of them to me," Floyd said. "I am not," Janice said, trying to be brave. Suddenly there was another burst of thunder, which made Janice jump again and she immediately held on tightly to Floyd once again; shuddering in fear. "Liar," Floyd teased. "Okay, so I'm like frightened of thunderstorms..." Janice said, blushing in embarrassment.

Floyd stroked her beautiful blonde hair, trying to soothe her fearful agony. "There there, babe," Floyd said. "I'm here for you. I'm not gonna ever let some thunderstorm scare my girl like that." Janice looked up and said "You like promise? Fer sure?" "I promise," Floyd replied, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

Suddenly, Janice's cell phone went off. She changed the ringtone on her phone almost every month. This month's ringtone: "Thunder" by Boys Like Girls. This gave Floyd an idea! While Janice was replying to a text message from Camilla, Floyd sneaked to get his acoustic guitar on the other side of the room. He doesn't really play it as much as his bass guitar, but he still enjoyed playing it. As soon as Janice finished replying to the text message (She's not a very fast texter), she noticed Floyd tuning up his guitar. "Like, what's with the acoustic?" Janice asked. "You like hardly even play it." "Oh you'll see," Floyd responded. He's heard the song before (It's on Animal's Ipod, which he borrows whenever his dies) so knows how it goes pretty well.

Floyd then began playing and sang:
Today is a winding road
Whoa
Today in the blink of an eye
I'm holding on to something and I do not know why
I tried

I tried to read between the lines
I tried to look in your eyes
I want a simple explanation
What I'm feeling inside
I gotta find a way out
Maybe there's a way out

So bring on the rain
And bring on the thunder

While listening, Janice couldn't believe he knew the song, too! She leaned her head on Floyd's right shoulder (He's a left handed guitarist, like her) as she continued to listen to him sing:
Today is a winding road
Tell me where to start and tell me something I don't know
Whoa
Today I'm on my own
I can't move a muscle and I can't pick up the phone
I don't know

And now I'm itching for the tall grass
And longing for the breeze
I need to step outside
Just to see if I can breathe
I gotta find a way out
Maybe there's a way out

Janice then joined Floyd in singing:
So bring on the rain

Janice then sang alone:
Yeah I'm walking on a tightrope
I'm wrapped up in vines
I think I'll make it out but you just gotta give me time

Floyd sang alone:
Strike me down with lightning
Let me feel you in my veins
I wanna let you know how much I feel your pain

Today is a winding road
Whoa

Both Floyd and Janice sang together:
So bring on the rain
And bring on the thunder

So bring on the rain
Oh baby bring on the pain
And listen to the thunder

At the end of the song, Janice gave Floyd a hug and said "Awwww...well like that was rully sweet of you to do, Floyd." "Well....I figured it was fitting," Floyd said. "Whenever another thunderstorm rolls around, always think of me....and the song. Promise, babe?" "Fer sure....I love you," Janice replied and then gave him a kiss on the lips. Floyd returned the favor by kissing her back and layed her down on the bed on top of him, not releasing her from the kiss. When he released her from the kiss, Floyd told her "I love you, too, babe," and then resumed their kiss again.
--------------------------------------------The End------------------------------------
Awww.....a cute FloydxJanice songfic oneshot fluffy story.....there's not enough of this couple....
By the way, here's the song!
MissMusical12, you are turning out to be a great writer! Pure pop culture! This story made my night. Like Janice :flirt: and maybe Boober :sigh: , I am really scared of thunderstorms. Not only do I hate those, they wake me up. Ugh!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
MissMusical12, you are turning out to be a great writer! Pure pop culture! This story made my night. Like Janice :flirt: and maybe Boober :sigh: , I am really scared of thunderstorms. Not only do I hate those, they wake me up. Ugh!
Awww thank you. :flirt: I actually like thunderstorms. They're like a change of pace in the sky. I always listen to songs from the Rocky Horror Picture Show during a thunderstorm to make thunderstorms more exciting. :stick_out_tongue: . I just don't like that they keep me up at night, though. :rolleyes: