throwing in the towel

danielromens

Reaction score
I don't know folks. I'm becoming more and more disenchanted by the merger and coming to terms with what I think will most likely be the muppets shipped off to Mousewitz.

I think I'm slowly working through the twelve steps of exceptance, anger has been a hard one to conquer.

I'm scared Luke, very scared, and it seems those of us who'd rather see Valentine or someone else are few and far between.

It's going to be a sad day. Merchandise doesn't equal success, a good show does. All we're going to have is an influx of collectibles pumping up what was already there not anything new. I don't think Disney will pump a lot of money right now, what with their current stock situation, so nostalgia it is until they see more of a sure thing. At least that's my guess. Man, this is really saddening to me. That and why would their shareholders be that much for it, it's not like the current Henson regime has gotten to have that much success what with being under the moneyless thumb of EM.TV.

Oh daddy.

Well back to weeping.

Eeeeee. sniff. Eeeeeee

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by danielromens
I'm scared Luke, very scared, and it seems those of us who'd rather see Valentine or someone else are few and far between.
Don't worry. You're not alone.

It's just many of us are quiet because it's pointless to argue over. Those who believe Fizney will be the second coming will keep believing that, no matter how unlikely.

:cool:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I'm against disney's usurping Henson too. You know it's the end of the world when disney owns the Muppets (the only thing they DON'T own yet).

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarylarrywolf
I'm against disney's usurping Henson too. You know it's the end of the world when disney owns the Muppets (the only thing they DON'T own yet).

--"Scary" Larry Wolf
Oh yeah, Disney has "Disney," "ABC," "ESPN," "Miramax," and all the things under them. While Viacom has CBS, UPN, BET, MTV, Nick, VH1, Paramount, Showtime, etc. etc. AOL Time Warner got Turner, Hanna-Barbera, Warner Bros., AOL, Time, People, Sports Illustrated, cable companies, old MGM films, and almost everything else. But Viacom and AOL aren't involved, so that's probably why no one's b*tchin' (pardOn my language) about them.

Oh yeah, Disney owns EVERY freakin' thing we watch, forget the mighty AOL, and with the Muppets, OOOOOH, sweet mother of God, the bombs will start fallin'. Oh man, glad I wasn't a fan in '89, '90, '91, to see the acid pour out of the clouds. Wish we could go back to '99 when the Muppets were almost sucked into an inactive abyss. Hey, but just as long as those creative gods at Henson keep the mouse ears off the frog!

I've had a bad day. :grouchy:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Eisner in control of Kermit's destiny; what a scary thought. It would be different if it seemed as if he -- or any other top execs, for that matter -- cared, but he doesn't! I would love it if current Disney dumped all the animated short-term-profit-but-will-kick-them-in-the-a$$-in-the-long-term sequels that barely cost anything to make, but they won't; a sad example of how the Disney brand is viewed these days.
If the muppets are bought by Eisner & Co, I would not be surprised one bit if we see a lot of cheap direct-to-video stuff accompanied by everything from poorly made Kermit plush toys to whatever else you can think of.

Miss Piggy showercaps, anyone?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah, but i'm still waiting for my bill baretta underwear.......and matching bra set

oh wait...i'd be the only one...no wait emmy and jackie would each want a set, and probably manda!

Sarah

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Don't worry, in five years when Henson (if it's still around) celebrates its 50th anniv., I'm sure they'll make a commemorative "50 Years of Muppeteers" underwear & bra set.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
yeah, but i'm still waiting for my bill baretta underwear.......and matching bra set

oh wait...i'd be the only one...no wait emmy and jackie would each want a set, and probably manda!
Well i guess that Muppet Central toilet tissue would come in handy then to stuff in the bras eh girls ?

*Imagines Advert* :- "Would you like a cleavage like Miss Piggy ?" *Girls knod* "Well then, get Muppet Central Tissues!"

Awwwwww i'm so cruel to my fave babes !

:zany:

foofoocakes

Reaction score
Ok I am the first to admit the PROPESED ALLEGED RUMOR of a buyout REALLY BITES! It may be the only way to get the cash to get the muppets going again. Hopefully the current muppetiers will get some creative say on their charaters. Maybe Disney will pay Mr Oz some big bucks to come back and be creative director? That would be cool. In the mean time I will wait for the Miss Piggy bra and thong with the feather trim. :stick_out_tongue:
Or possibly pepes all leather my first bondage set:rolleyes: