Three things wrong with the Muppet line.

CrockAlley

Reaction score
Excuse me if this has been brought up before, but I have to vent.

Muppet Labs:
Beaker is fantastic. But...
#1: The Table: A wire has broken, and the helmet dosn't stay on, because the wires are seemingly permenantly bent akwardly.
#2: The Pressure Chamber: A compromise was made. I picked the box with the best looking Beakie, but the chamber had a bent pipe. Trying to fix it, I broke it. Well, a little superglue goes a long way, and everything is fine in Pressure Chamber Land now.

On the good side, I like that Bunsen and Rabbot have a place to congegate with Beaker. The Gorilla Detector is fun. The two levers are nice. But, I can't say I'm satisfied.

I am immensely looking forward to the Kitchen, in that it seems to improve on the uselessness of the Labs set.

#3: Kermit does not stand on his own. I know this has been discussed (I brought it up a while ago), but I truly believe that his mold can be changed so his legs are either less bent, or his legs meet his torso more underneath than to the front. Make sense?

Everything else about the line is mind-bogglingly fantastic. The best toyline ever. My life is composed of meaningless activities that fill the time between waves of Muppet toys.

fitz3641

Reaction score
twist kermits leg joints inward so that the toes point to eachother - he stands up just fine that way

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you on points one and two. I'm going to customize the wires on the helmet and replace them with more flexible tubing because the cables are too stiff to allow me to put the helmet on Beaker's head, let alone have any hope of it staying on.

My son thought the pipes coming off the chamber were other levers and he starting twisting them left and right to activate the chamber with Beaker inside. They are starting to tear off from the movement.

matleo

Reaction score
OK a thought on Beaker and the lab table....

Put him on upside down because there is no real right way. Strap his feet to the same end his that the hlemt attaches underneath. run the helmet long underneath so the cords end up beign taught. You sould then be able to put the helmet on Beaker's head. Also try to get Beaker's head as close to the able as you can when you starp him in. The frivtion will help keep the helmet in place. Actually once I learned that I was able to strap him in right side up. But doing the other way for a day or so will help take some of the recoil out of the cords. Hope this helps.

--Matt

CrockAlley

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them all.

Thanks, Traveling Matt! Baby Bowser. Hehehe.

Struble

Reaction score
To get the helmet to stick to Beaker's head, just press firmly for a few seconds, and it will stay. That's what I do.

Sh.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Stand up kermit or i'll make you stand!

The fact is kermit does not stand with his feet in front, the way he comes in the package.

ken said that kermit was made to stand with his feet bent, but for one "he look's funny that way" and two, here's the big one, the pegs for his feet are not that way. so he leans over.

i like my figs on the stand, and kermit still leans even if one foot is on the stand and the oher is bent, well i couldn't take it anymore...

so i took thouse twist ties that everyone hates and looped one around each of kermit's legs(he has two;-) theni twised them together in the back and tied another twist tie to the end of them to make it longer, then pulled kermit up strait and tucked the slack of the end of twist tie under the stand to hold kermit up,

kermit stands perfect now, but some people might not like the fact of seeing the twist tie, so i took some of bunsen vanishing cream and put it on the tiwst tie, so it really does look like kermit is standing PERFECT!;-)

i don't know maybe if you leave it long enough it will stay, i have had mine on for about 3 weeks now.

GWGumby

Reaction score
I've found one thing that helps is to have Kermit hold on to his camera stand. Since putting his free hand against the camera, he's held up pretty good for past month.