Thread Revivers

Vincent L

Reaction score
I saw a thread called Thread Killers, so why not a Thread Revivers thread? Where you often dig out threads from long ago, reply to it, and the thread returns to the top of the list.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I did enjoy the show TKO, but I never got the pride of being a threadkiller. Surely that's something to avoid? Anyway, I've been both in my life. I was a threadkiller earlier on in my MC career, though never in name, and I also have a great love of pulling up old, abandoned threads, when relevant, of course.
:smile:

Vincent L

Reaction score
I enjoy digging out just about everything.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, and that seriously disgruntles the rest of us. If you're going to contribute something of worth that could restart the discussion, good. If you're just digging up old threads for digging sakes or posting short little replies like "I do" or "IDK (I don't know)" or "Me too", that's spam and thoroughly aggravates the community at large. So please, try to be judicious when reviving threads if you feel you must do so. :ouch:

Vincent L

Reaction score
Yeah, and that seriously disgruntles the rest of us. If you're going to contribute something of worth that could restart the discussion, good. If you're just digging up old threads for digging sakes or posting short little replies like "I do" or "IDK (I don't know)" or "Me too", that's spam and thoroughly aggravates the community at large. So please, try to be judicious when reviving threads if you feel you must do so. :ouch:
Don't worry, I always post something worthy to the discussion, and I don't overdo it.
Another thing: Do you prefer that I create new threads or revive old ones? because personally I prefer the latter.

Hubert

Reaction score
Just a few thoughts on thread revival:

If anyone revives threads, make sure that you are not answering a question from years ago that someone asked, as they probably already figured it out. If you bring up threads where a user doesn't know or understand something, as that seems to have led to false thoughts about the user, making it look like they know nothing about the Muppets.

Also avoid reviving threads reporting past Muppet news, as it may excite people into thinking that something new is happening that really is not. Threads that don't really have a discussion are the best to bring up, for example threads like "The What Made You Smile Today Thread," or something like that, where it's more free to just post something than have a discussion.

Ironically, this thread kinda died
Quick, Dr Vincent Liu, pass the paddles! We can revive this thread, we MUST revive it, it is counting on us!
And just as ironic, it got revived again.
The most ironic thing happens to be that the T*K*O janitor revived the thread...