Thoughts on Kami

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Spiderman

I'm certainly not trying to be rude here, but who are you to really say that? First and foremost: this is a place where we are mindful of others and treat people with respect.

It appears that you are more interested in stirring things up here than really trying to participate. I hope I'm wrong about that. It's rather presumptuous of you to think that we are a boring place without your enlightenment. Everyone has an opinion here and it is best to be thoughtful of others when stating yours.

There was no tact in your opening post. Likening gay people to prostitutes, condemning a nation of people and those who have contracted AIDS is out of place here and will not be tolerated. On another thread you even belittled a member for being passionate about Sesame Street! Yo, it's a Muppet forum, dude! We are supposed to be passionate about the Muppets! LOL!

We welcome new members here, but it would be best to make connections and find out what this forum is all about before trying to get controversial or "shake things up". Muppet Central has been around for years (here and on Delphi) and there is no need to "fix" the forum because you happen to think it's boring. Hope to be hearing from you in other threads.

spiderman

Reaction score
i'm not trying to fix anything

yo yo i'm not trying to disrespect anybody or be mean. i don't think this board is boring or "needs" me to liven it up. i heard someone say that there was a gay muppet, so i was just wondering if it was true. i didn't know that it just had HIV or the whole story. yeah, i pushed some peoples buttons a little, but i really think i made some valid points as far as the reasoning behind them doing this and where they will take. i'd like to say more, but i don't want to be kicked off this site because i know there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained. as i said before, i design muppet merchandise, so i will be needing some help as far as what you diehard muppet fans like and do not like, what you think would be a good sell and what you think would suck. i'm open to listen to everybody's point, just let me give mine.

i'll tone it down a bit, but i'd appreciate if people listened to what i have too say instead of just jumping down my throat because i might have a problem with something the muppets did.

lets let bygones be bygones

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Certainly. I get ya! It's a very hot-button issue and we have some passionate fans around here. Whew, believe me! LOL! The other thread on this subject had to be closed (it got really bad). Anyway, no prob. Miscommunication I guess.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
what if they DID make a gay muppet on sesame street. nonono, a gay person joins the cast.

ELMO: Your a man and you marry a man? Elmo doesn't understand.
GAY: Well, some men just feel the need to be with another man. Someone who would understand them more than a woman would.
OSCAR: (pops out of can) Sooo, you must be that ***** i've been hearin bout!

sorry if i offended anyone. i just thought it sounded funny...

**Edited by moderator due to an offensive word**

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
punkNpuppets

That really is not funny and is the type of thing I was trying to avoid in this thread. I know you didn't mean to be hurtful, but such language and sentiment are not appropriate on this forum. Please be more mindful of others when you post.

spiderman

Reaction score
helloooo...bert and ernie?

i thought they already made 2..bert and ernie?

am i alone in this?

I'M JUST KIDDING PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFFENSE ANYBODY

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am not upset. I know you meant to be funny rather than insensitive. Lets just move on. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Please Don't bring up Bert and Ernie again

FIrstly, it is a kid's show. The thought of Dating and such is down played (though it still exists. Luis and Maria married, and had a babie, and Oscar had a girlfriend named Grundgetta, they must've broken up. It's a grouch relationship I think)

Ernie and Bert just so happen to be roomates in New York, very common since there isn't much housing, and it is pretty expensive (from what I hear). That's like saying that Joey, Ross, and the other guy from F*R*I*E*N*D*S are gay ( I bet they played off theis in some episodes, I don't particularly like Friends). I mean,. Bert once even sang a love song to a woman on his guest appearance on The Muppet Show, and on Sesame, he sang a love song about his girlfriend who was falling apart (I want to hold your Ear).

That stupid independant film Ernest and Bertram DESERVED the law suit it got. Ernie and Bert rule!