1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Thoughts on Kami

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by spiderman, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Pink soap dish does NOT equal alternative life style.

Pink Flamingos don't...DO THEY?
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Nah, not pink flamingos. Blue ones, on the other hand...
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

What I enjoy about Henson’s work is it's abstract quality. We relate to the characters and read our own perceptions into them. That is how they were intended.

They are not gay, they are not straight. They are puppets that we can think of in how we best relate to them. You know, I]to me [/I] (wait for it, this is good) Ernie and Bert are gay. To someone else they are not. No one is right or wrong no matter what the brass at Henson says (they are the ones that gave us skinny Piggy and blue-nosed Gonzo). The one thing that is certain is that they are lighthearted happy characters that should make us smile! Well, except for Bert. LOL! Poor Bert.
  4. spiderman

spiderman New Member

muppets are not gay

i take offense that you, as a moderator, would say, and I quote, the muppets "are gay".

if you are a muppet hater then don't be on the site
  5. Drtooth

Re: muppets are not gay

This from the guy that puts down Sesame Street viewers over the age of 5? Maaaaaan you are soooo hypocritical!
  6. Fozzie Bear

Dear Spidey,

What he said was;

"to me Ernie and Bert are gay."

Not that they ARE indeed. I personally go based on what JHC says, or CTW says.

Like, Schulz said he only kept the comic strips of Peanuts history as their history, not anything animated, so that's what I also go by. The cartoons are entertaining to me, sure; but, to me per Schulz, the only chronology I pay attention to is the strips. Thus, the little red haired girl was NEVER SEEN!

But this is MY perception. You may have a different one, as would someone else, and folks are welcome to it.

But, I won't have pink flamingos in MY front yard!! :D
  7. radionate

radionate New Member

Re: muppets are not gay

Um, I hate to assume that you are ignorant, but he meant the term "gay" in a different manner. Not as in "lame".

What exactly were your SAT scores that allowed you into college?
  8. spiderman

spiderman New Member

NONETHELESS HE SAID "ARE GAY"

all i said was that he said they "are gay" which he did.

end of story.

i design peanuts merchandise too, what would you like to see as a Peanut product?
  9. Drtooth

Don't even bother, Fozzie! Spiderjuevenile is harrassing me lately, and I reported to the moderator. I hope he has the wisdom enough to cut it the heck out!!!!!!!
  10. radionate

radionate New Member

Re: NONETHELESS HE SAID "ARE GAY"

Out of curiosity, is this "merchandise" licensed? I'm sure one wouldn't be silly enough to go posting on a site that they manufacture merchandise without a license from the company who owns the rights. Especially when there are many people of a board with multiple ties to that company
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Spiderman

Why would calling someone gay be hateful? We have many types of members here. Young, old, American, British, gay, straight and more. Henson’s work was about everyone getting along together, not your mean-spirited words. I think I see where the true hatefulness is here and obviously you did not completely read my post.

You have been rude, argumentative and rather schizophrenic since you got here. If this is a prediction of how you act I don't think this board is for you. You claim to have started this thread to "ask questions" but turn around and yell at people for the answers they give. That is not acceptable behavior here. And any type of name-calling will not be tolerated.
  12. spiderman

spiderman New Member

harassing you?

gimme a break, i don't know you from adam
  13. Fozzie Bear

Since my other hero, Schulz, kicked the bucket on me :mad: :( I have been in contact with his offices. Our cartoonists' association did a cartoon art show dedicated to him and I wanted their approval on our invites and show and was in contact with their product people from Creative Associates, namely Paige Braddock, Erin, and Edna (his secretary). All SUPER nice people. Including Sparky's wife, Jeannie!

I have GOT to go to the new Schulz museum!! But MONEY, the evil creature, keeps me from going!!!

FOZ
  14. Drtooth

IGNORE THIS POST!!! THE DISPUTE IS SETTLED!!! IGNORE THIS POST!!!!
  15. Fozzie Bear

OW! My ears...

*ignores the post despite the hollerin'*

So, what about that Muppet with Teret's? Actually, I heard he got transferred to Crank Yankers...

J/K FOZ
    FOMP!
  16. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

so YOU actually think they're gay???

well, the truth is, it's NOT just Ernie and Bert. if there's a duo of two guys, people usually joke about them being gay. people joke about Batman and Robin, Spongebob and Patrick, Beavis and Butthead (even though they laugh at the word 'gay'), etc
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I said that such things of an abstract nature are however the particular viewer relates to them. They remind me of gay couples I know. Someone else might see something different (or the opposite) in them and that's valid too. I was not making an absolute.
  18. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

i always think of Ernie and Bert as the TWO STOOGES. But they're like the Three Stooges if you count Rubber Duckie! Bert's like Moe, Ernie's like Curly, and Rubber Duckie's like Larry.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

LOL! That certainly works too.
  20. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Fraggle Rock was created to promote world peace, so obviously the Muppets can get away with it. Everyone loves Fraggle Rock, right?