Thomas & Friends

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Kinda surprised that the only thread on the forum to talk about Thomas is the Shining Time Station thread, so I thought I'd make this. Here you can discuss Thomas & Friends, the Railway Series, etc.

Personally, I love Thomas & The Magic Railroad, it's still my favorite movie to this day. I have fond memories of watching it when I was little, and though the Director's Cut would have been better, I still love the final product.

Railway Series wise I love Mountain Engines. I love the scenery and the engines, and it was a one-time thing too, making it all the better.

So, how about you?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Thomas was long after my time (I was in college when it first aired) so it missed making an impact on me. If it was on in the early Seventies like Electric Company, Zoom, (not the remakes) it would be a different story.

But I can appreciate the fact George Carlin kept his mouth clean just long enough. Imagine the horror on some toddler's face (and their mommy!) if Mr. Conductor yelled "**** PERCY!!!"

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I like Thomas and Friends quite a bit, it was my favorite show as a young kid and still sometimes watch it today. I'm biased towards the first couple of seasons from the mid-80s, though the third season isn't too bad. Once they started bringing in the side railways and loads of new engines the show began to slip.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stories but I think my favorite might have been the Donald and Douglas saga (here's part 1).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I definitely have alot of fond memories picking up the tapes from stores, watching Shining Time Station and attending Thomas events.

I also love collecting the ERTL toys.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay so Thunder.

You might get a good laugh at this but um....

What would you say if I told you I've had numerous dreams of Bluebell the cow stalking me.... At least until I reached my teens?

I'm not joking by the way.