This Made Me Laugh...

EmmyMik

Reaction score
The other dayeeeeeee (actually it was yesterday), I had a TON of free time at school (like... 4 hours). So I decided to go to the computer lab and take advantage of some of the research things that they offer (there's one database that has all kinds of newspaper and magazine articles stored away), and look for things to add to "Your Face!" (it's been *ages* since I have updated the site. I just haven't had the time, and when I did, I was waaaaaay too lazy).

I stumbled upon this blurb in an article from 1980 (it was about the opening of "Puppets and Things on Strings" which was an exhibit at the Smithsonian)...

"Yeah, I guess puppeteers are not always comfortable in social situations," said Richard Hunt, who said he works for the Muppets. "They like anonymity," he said, as he tried to get the attention of a small redheaded boy by threatening him with mayhem and making faces. "Why? They all had weird childhoods."
Like I said, it made me laugh (and then the people in the computer lab gave me weird looks)...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
"who said he works for the Muppets."

--------------

LOL!! I love it how the author makes it sounds like his claim is "questionable"!

Really!

I do!

:big_grin:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
"who said he works for the Muppets."

--------------

LOL!! I love it how the author makes it sounds like his claim is "questionable"!

Really!

I do!

:big_grin:
LOL!

Yeah, I liked that part too.

:smile:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
hahaha, hey, where did you find this article?

( i mean what was the paper?)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
LOL!

Yeah, I liked that part too.

:smile:
Yes! I knew you would!

I can just, like, TOTALLY see this suited, professional businessyman jottin' that down disconcertedly with a raised eyebrow, and a cocky, doubtful posture.

"who says he 'works for the Muppets'...*scribble, scribble, scribble*"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That's SOOOO true what Hunt said!!

I had a tremendously weird childhood, and I hate big crowds (unless I'm on stage or in an area where it's not SO crowded), and I hate excessive noise or repetitive beats (like dance music too loud), and I always MUCH rather folks talk to Muley than to me when I'm out doing something with him at an event.

Mainly because he's more entertaining than me, and I just never know what to say next and he does...

Uh-oh. I think I may need some couch time at the shrink after reading that! LOL!!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Yes! I knew you would!

I can just, like, TOTALLY see this suited, professional businessyman jottin' that down disconcertedly with a raised eyebrow, and a cocky, doubtful posture.

*coughs*Fleet Scribbler*coughs* :wink:

-Kim

electricmayhem

Reaction score

Hahaha!! That's hilarious!!:big_grin: :smile: :excited: