This is so strange.....

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
We're in a blizzard right now! Oklahoma! I didn't know we could have those, to be honest:eek: It was 70 two days ago, so no one worried since we were only predicted to get 2-4 inches and the ground would still be warm. We've gotten 8 inches or so and northern parts of the state have gotten two feet!

It iced last night, so the roads are in REAL bad shape. Black ice and such is causing tons of wrecks and the highway patrol is saying only drive in emergencies.

The real bad part is that all buildings on campus are closed (excluding the dorms, of course) and that means NO FOOD. All I have is cappuccino powder and about 40 packages of chicken flavored Ramen (gotta love buying in bulk!)

Just thought I would share, because this is all blowing my mind!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Haha I love it! I just hope they don't try to make me go to work tomorrow, I'll throw a fit!

This is what it looked like outside my dorm around two. I want to go out and play, but I haven't been ablet to get around much due to a lame back. I think my dad's going to come get me and take me home tomorrow. We'll build snowmen :big_grin:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5595/pb300007smallmw5.jpg

D'Snowth

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
Man, I wish we had snows like that around here! We BARELY get any snow anymore; the last blizzard/snow storm we had was November 2000, since then we only get like on good over-night snow in January or February that promptly starts melting the next morning.

Ah, I miss the days of a true "winter wonderland".:cry:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
That's what we've ALWAYS gotten...the last big things was in 2001 and we had a foot of ICE. We haven't had snow like this since I've lived in OK. Usually a light dusting...with enough to make a pathetic snowman if you go out early enough.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, it's a winter wonderland, until you turn on the news, or brave the weather to go out, and see 6 accidents!
:eek: It's a good thing you do buy in bulk!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yeah, send the snow up here! I'm ready for it, bring it on!

Seriously though, wow. That's quite a blizzard you've got going Sarah!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, that's so weird. It's been unseasonably warm here in Jersey. Today I was in a t-shirt and was so warm. Hope we get some snow soon too.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Honestly, the last time we had a big blizzard, it was a year or 2 ago, 10-20 inches of snow, and I STILL had to go to work. But the sucky part about that is, that is coming MY WAY. Somebody finally smacked mother nature upside the head and said "HEY it's almost fricken DECEMBER!!!" and Mother Nature said, "Oh shoot, Well, I better get goin then"

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Yeah, send the snow up here! I'm ready for it, bring it on!

Seriously though, wow. That's quite a blizzard you've got going Sarah!
Uh, but Beth, isn't Minnesota like the first state in the country to receive snow every year? Aren't you all supposed to be buried under neath feet of snow by now?