This is GuySmiley, with a KSY DVD Exclusive Review!

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Got my DVD in the post this morning and, yes this will be contraversial...I actually quite enjoyed it!

Sure, it's a totally different style of muppet film than we are used to, but overall I thought it was good - great puppetry, beautifully filmed and even though the 'plot' wasn't very imaginative I still think there is a lot here to enjoy - I especially liked Croaker with his little comments e.g. 'Don't leave me - I have abandonment issues'. I also thought that the little tribute to Jim Henson was really nicely done - nice and simple, nothing too over the top.

My biggest gripe was the songs - or should I say lack of them. I agree with others who've seen it who say there was a lot of potential for songs which was missed. The only decent one was 'Life as a Pet' - all the rest were far too short. We need more of those big muppet numbers (fingers crossed for the upcoming Christmas movie).

The DVD itself is nicely presented, with the first reel of bloopers following on straight after the movie and before the credits (some good stuff here). There is also a behind the scenes featurette with 'Joe the Armadillo' which is pretty interesting - worth watching in slow motion as the 'on-set' shots really whizz by! On set with Kermit interview isn't particularly fantastic - but still better than nothing. And, the second bloopers reel is great fun as well. Hey, I even enjoyed the scene-specific audio commentary.

Anyway, that's my opinion of the DVD - I will re-watch it, and as I said I thought it was good. Not fantastic, not great, but good.

Guy!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guy,

Where did you get it ?

Is it the preview version they sent out a few weeks ago ?

See ya

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Hi Warrick,

I pre-ordered it from blackstar.co.uk and they sent it to me today (Sat) - I guess it was either their error or Royal Mail - anyway, I'm not complaining!

Guy!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even though it's release isn't until Tuesday, the Swamp Years DVD is already available in some Wal-Marts and other stores in the states.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

Oh i didnt know that, I should have checked around today!

See ya

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I agree with you Guy, it's a great DVD, and a fair Movie, there are things that bug me about the movie thought, but i can NOT tell you how much i love the "life as a pet" song, i have seen it more then 60 times i swear! i first had it taped from a friend of Starz's and i kept rewinding the video;-) now i can just go to that part on the DVD!!!

i know all the words and have been singing it for days! week's actulay!

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
but i can NOT tell you how much i love the "life as a pet" song, i have seen it more then 60 times i swear!
Absolutely Zack! I think 'Life as a Pet' is really great - really catchy and well scripted and the clicking fingers at the beginning is absolutely classic!

Guy!

beaker

Reaction score
I was just humming "Life as a Pet" this morning...man someone really needs to put this video online for people to see!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey! Can we subsituit "I'm going to go back there someday" (MFS) With KSY's "Life as a pet" on the new Muppet CD???;-)

Zack)Rowlf the, It's great to live, and laugh, and love, life as a pet! Dog.