This is a TA News Flash!

That Announcer

Reaction score
So, I was just browsing the Center for Consumer Freedom's website, one of my favorite sites around, and also the site of one of only two organizations I'd be willing to donate lots of money to (the other being Bob Geldof's Band Aid). The CCF is against PeTA and many radical groups like it, and they roundly denounce it on their site. Personally, I find it hard to blame them. So, I figured I'd head over to PeTA-influenced site Goveg.com and check out what's on the party line now.

Now, I often take great humor in the things that PeTA says, as I love beef. The only time I take serious issues with what they do is when the Animal Liberation Front does something decidedly nasty, like, oh, fire-bombing animal testing labs, as the ALF is closely connected to PeTA. I also hate it when they attack certain groups of people and distort the truth (or at least what has been accepted as the truth).

I may be an atheist, but I know PeTA's gone too **** far when I see that they're now saying God would hate the way we treat animals. It's easier if I give you a link to the CCF's report on this than explain it myself. So, here you go. Have lots of fun with this. :mad:

TA

Ziffel

Reaction score
Actually, I'm a member of PETA myself - People Eating Tasty Animals :wink:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Actually, I'm a member of PETA myself - People Eating Tasty Animals :wink:
I love that site! :smile:

I remember one time at my school, I grabbed a marker (we have a whiteboard, don't you know) and wrote a little message saying something like "Don't trust PeTA, they're liars and besides, we're built to eat meat". Later that day, four girls (who apparently supported the group) assaulted me and began to yell, "How can you not support PeTA? Don't you want all those bunnies in the world to live?" I said to them, "Fine. Let the bunnies live, but give me a cow." They went away.

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
I love that site! :smile:

I remember one time at my school, I grabbed a marker (we have a whiteboard, don't you know) and wrote a little message saying something like "Don't trust PeTA, they're liars and besides, we're built to eat meat". Later that day, four girls (who apparently supported the group) assaulted me and began to yell, "How can you not support PeTA? Don't you want all those bunnies in the world to live?" I said to them, "Fine. Let the bunnies live, but give me a cow." They went away.

That's the funniest thing I have heard all day! "Let the bunnies live, but give me a cow." Brilliant! I may have made a similar crack.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Hey, thanks, man! :smile:

I should probably say I take personal issue with PeTA because of their hatred towards animal-based drug testing. Why do I take personal issue with them? Well, if animal-based drug testing was illegal, my grandfather would not have recieved proper chemotherapy treatments and would have died of cancer; my mother wouldn't be able to control her stomach problem; my history teacher John Stone and my friend TJ would be without insulin for their diabetes; and it's possible I may not have done too well during my little bout of asthma there in May. So, boo to you, PeTA.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
This article is making me very angry. How dare they.. If they're trying to be so christian, they would remember that Jesus taught us to love and respect one another, and that includes respecting other's beliefs, and NOt trying to use and contort them to their own purposes! I could go on forever.. :mad:

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
This article is making me very angry. How dare they.. If they're trying to be so christian, they would remember that Jesus taught us to love and respect one another, and that includes respecting other's beliefs, and NOt trying to use and contort them to their own purposes! I could go on forever.. :mad:

Oh, you have such a kind soul, Mrs. P.