This flesh color using rit dye?

renegade

Reaction score
Can some on teach me how to get this flesh color using rit dye ?
also I'm dye some antron .

thanks
nate

Melonpool

Reaction score
I'm sort of anxious to hear that as well... Has anyone ever seen a site that gives formulas for things like this?

Steve

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I'm not sure of exact formulas, but I think the RIT website has some, and if I'm not mistaken, you can also send swatches in for custom formulation.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hey renegade, I usually use the tan RIT dye as the base for any flesh color, adding very little (if any) pinks or oranges or browns depending on the desired result. Dyeing seems like it could be an exact science, but in reality it never is. You can keep track of the amount of water and dye, the temperature of the water, the length of time and still your results will vary. All it takes is variance in the lot of fleece or differences in the foam (which there always is - since making foam is not an exact science) and your results are never exactly the same.

You just have to experiment. Test small pieces in the dye bath and add the dye gradually to get the color you're looking for. If you're planning on dying foam and fleece the same color, that will take some playing around with as well. Foam takes the dye differently than the fleece. You'll probably notice the greatest difference in the vibrance of the color. Antron fleece usually turns out more vibrant than the foam so you'll have to adjust the amounts of dye and water temperature to compensate. The less dye and cooler the water the less vibrant the color.

I think the picture you posted is one of LabRat's puppets, if I'm not mistaken. You may want to ask him what he used as a starting point.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
go to the rit Homepage, they give out formulas, , you will still need to experiemnet hough, but its a start

Lab Rat

Reaction score
I used peach,dessert dust and rose pink for that flesh tone they are Dylon hot water dye's i dont have a formula for it i just put a bit of each in, it turned out fine.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I usually use Peach as the basis for caucasian skin tones and add pinks, oranges, yellows and browns. This is just off the top of my head, but equal parts tangerine and a pink may give you a colour close to the one you want. As others have said, it really is trial and error. Once I get a flesh colour I really like I usually dye several yards of antron so I don't have to worry about trying to match it later on.

The URL for the RIT page with colour recipies is http://www.ritdye.com/color_recipes.asp

If you really wanted the colour professionally matched I've heard good things from someone who used Dye Pro Services in Calgary but that is probably not necessary.

renegade

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help and resources I will start dyein tonight ! and will post some results soon

shtick

Reaction score
Peach RIT Dye?

I usually use Peach as the basis for caucasian skin tones and add pinks, oranges, yellows and browns.
I know this is an ancient post, but RIT doesn't make peach anymore. Anyone found a decent substitute?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
refer to the dye page, lots fo formulas, and expeiriment with different concetrations and tempreture.