This Day in Muppet History. . .

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
This came over the news wires today:

On January 28th, 1996, the original Bert and Ernie Muppets were stolen from an exhibit in Germany. They were later returned.

I just thought I would start a little chat about which Muppet character would you "steal" but then return just to say you touched them? :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!

I wouldn't steal 'em, but I'd defenitly try to touch 'em.

I remember when that happened! We were on the way home and I heard that on the radio. I was sooooooo mad!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hah!

Well, I dunno now...with all these online black market doings, I might've picked 'em up if the price way right. (LoL)

I would love to hold a Cantus puppet...I would like someone to manipulate him also, but, I wouldn't like someone else to talk. Cantus can't be done by anyone but Jim. He's different from Kermit and Ernie in that sense (to me at least). Ah, well I digress. But a very interesting factoid, Muppetfreak. I think they should have a "This Day in Henson History." They have a newsletter on Mystery Science Theater 3000 Official Non-Official site called "This Date in MSTory", which is awesome for hardcore fans like me.

Phil, get on it man!! :big_grin:

-Matt

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, something similar to this is in the works... when things are in place everyone will have an opportunity to submit Henson dates and we'll compile them and feature them on the site and forum.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
See, now that is the kind of stuff I love to hear; MuppetCentral, doing something the Muppet fans are askin' for. Very cool indeed Captain Chapman. :smile:

-Matt

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Does everyone remember the Muppet Calendar program? (which i would still use if it was not a victim of Y2K)

Well one of the "Sample" Calendars in there was just of Muppet dates, b-Day's of all the Muppeteers and guests and whatnot. One was also Jerry Nelson's daily schedule.

I just mentioned it because if anyone still had the program. (I have it, but for Mac and I no longer own a mac). It would be a decent place to start.

I will pass on any other random Muppet tidbits that come my way, though! :smile:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
See, now that is the kind of stuff I love to hear; MuppetCentral, doing something the Muppet fans are askin' for. Very cool indeed Captain Chapman. :smile:

-Matt
Awesome. Hee-hee, Cap'n Chapman.:big_grin:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL

Well, if there had to be a Captain of the vessel known as Muppet Central, obviously it would be Phillip. Or Captain Phillip I should say. :big_grin:

-Matt

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Who would be the parrot?

Raisin with his hard-hitting questions...