They're trying for an ACME movie again

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I'll believe it's happening when we have actual on scene footage, as they've been threatening to make this one for decades. But it seems that things are becoming a little more final

No details of what the heck the film's going to be exactly are given, outside of it being about the exact Acme from Looney Tunes. Especially no word on if any popular LT characters are going to be featured.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just read the article at Filmforce, and I unfortunately have some news that will just might make you either blow your top with the traditional worklunch whistle or explode all over with indignant anger.

Apparently they've nabbed Steve Carell to be the lead star attached to the project, failing to mention what character he'll portray.

The movie is being scripted by the people who are currently penning the pages for the new third Power Rangers movie. Let's call that from henceforth as "Mistake #1".
Of course, in spite of the bigshot producers they've lined up from The Lego Movie and some lame romcom called Crazy Stupid Love, this will be a CGI animation/live-action hybrid. That is from this moment on "Mistake #2".
And finally... Get ready for this, I'm not kidding... They say that it'll be based on the Looney Tunes shorts but won't feature nor center around any of the Looney Tunes characters. Say it with me, "HUGE MISTAKE!", "Mistake #3".

Unless any new details get released, I see no real interest in this charcoal biscuit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, it doesn't matter. They didn't have luck with Looney Tunes based movies. I just don't see the point of this film at all. And frankly, after they threatened a Marvin the Martian movie that didn't happen, a Bugs Bunny movie that didn't happen... whatever... I doubt this is going to make it that far anyway.