They need to make Elmo's world its own show!

golden teeth

Reaction score
Who else agrees? The last 20 minutes or more are now dedicated to Elmo.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
just want to remind you this is a section to discuss Classic SS and this should be posted in the current SS section.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Who think Elmo's world needs to be yanked off Sesame Street altogether?

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I agree.. I pretty much only watch the first half. Then flip to something different. Kevin does an amazing job but Elmo's world gets dull after five minutes. And Jingle Bells heard any other way just not the same. Let Elmo have his own show. They have been putting them on dvd's why not give him his own show, that way the character can maybe develop more..I personally love Elmo in Grouchland.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
Who else agrees? The last 20 minutes or more are now dedicated to Elmo.
Actually outside the US "Elmos world" is a show on it's own.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Who think Elmo's world needs to be yanked off Sesame Street altogether?
:smile: :embarrassed: :concern: WHO THINK ELMO'S WORLD NEEDS TO BE YANKED OFF 'SESAME STREET?'

(Reference to the movie "Airplane.")

Anyway, I agree that if Elmo's World were a seperate show they might have time to squeeze in more classic SS moments and stuff like that. I hear it was made into a seperate spin-off in another country. I'd like to see them do that here.

Rosewood

Reaction score
You have my vote!

I've come to the conclusion that, when it comes to Elmo, in most cases you either love him or you hate him. Then there are some who could go either way, depending on the circumstance of the "E" based subject being discused. In my opinion, I do think that "Elmo's" world has "evolved" so much that it is time to make it into it own seperate show. It wouldn't require much from the people at SW. All they would have to do is create a SS spin-off, fill in the left over space with some good old classic re-runs, and EVERYONE would be happy! (at least in the general public, that is). I think the reason they have waited untill receiving the threat of "viewer mutiny" is because, if they were to do this, their "brilliant discovery" about "all kids under 4 having an extreemly short attention span" would be exposed for what it is and end up getting shot to pieces. (not to mention what would happen to the jobs of the people who came up with that hypothosis.)

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I like Elmo just as much as anyone (except Rosie O'Donnell. Her appreciation borders on religious). I just don't like how he's become the core focus character on Sesame Street, a show that promotes everyone as being special and significant equally. Having Elmo be the ringmaster kind of smooshes that sort of ideal.

F

furryredmonster

Elmo is fine on Sesame Street and should stay on Sesame Street. Ugghhh... Elmo has an important role on SS as well as any other character has an important role on SS. I am getting pretty tired of this... you could start a forum for Elmo on here and all of it would be filled with things like this.

The only reason why you guys want more classic is because you grew up to those characters. Maybe they should have a SS show like every week with just classic characters and leave the new characters in there right place.... Ugggh... I LOVE YOU ELMO ALLTHOUGH IT SEEMS LIKE HARDLY ANYONE ELSE DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Maybe you should calm the heck down.

I never said anything about booting Elmo off the street. I suggested not having him be the "stand out" character on a show that supports the ideals of equality and all encompassing importance. He doesn't need a fifteen minute block of an hour long show to be a significant part of the cast. But he does need to take a step back and become an equal part of the community fabric of Sesame Street, not the biggest piece on the quilt.

Now count to five, breathe into a paper bag, or whatever you need to do to avoid anymore hostile replies to harmless posts.