1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TheWeirdoGirl Tries To Draw Muppets

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheWeirdoGirl, May 29, 2012.

1. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd show you guys my attempts at drawing Muppets. I'm open to constructive criticism.

Here's the first one. I did it mostly just to practice drawing Kermit.

[​IMG]

The next one is just Gonzo in a random pose. I rather sloppily inked and colored it using an app on my phone.

[​IMG]

This one is the drawing that I did as a tribute to Jim Henson. I've already posted it in another thread.

[​IMG]

Here's a silly little doodle of Gonzo and Camilla.

[​IMG]

Another one of Gonzo and Camilla, taken straight from a scene in The Muppet Movie.

[​IMG]

And the last one (for now) is a drawing of Kermit and Robin, based on a picture that I found on Muppet Wiki.

[​IMG]
  2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    The Kermit ones are wonderful. Especially the one with Robin! Very nice studies. You've got his mouth precisely done. Nice work! :)

-----------------
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I really like the picture of Kermit and Robin, it's really cute.
  4. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

Nice job! As others have said, the Kermit & Robin one is particularly stand-out (good job with actually drawing what you see, in regards to Kermit's head, rather than what you *think* it should be. That appears like a particularly angle to get him from, but it's spot-on), and I am personally really fond of the one of Gonzo in his plumbers outfit with Camilla - I love her adoring pose, LOL! And I love the sentiment behind your tribute to Jim, very sweet and sad.
  5. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Very nice touch on all of these. I liked Gonzo and Camilla in their flirty pose, and the sweetness between Kermit and Robin is well-done. Thanks for sharing!
  6. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing your artwork for us, WeirdoGirl. Good job! Keep up with your drawings and draw more sometime if you comeup with ideas from your thoughts.
  7. TheWeirdoGirl

Wow, I didn't really expect to get this many responses. Thanks everybody! I hope to do more soon.
  8. TheWeirdoGirl

Here's some more. First off, another Gonzo and Camilla picture. I really like drawing these two. :)

[​IMG]

And here's my first attempt at drawing a Fraggle. Naturally I chose Boober, my favorite Fraggle.

[​IMG]

And this... I'm not exactly sure what this is. Well, other than Zoot's saxophone. I got the idea for this the other day when I saw my own saxophone sitting on its stand.

[​IMG]
  9. muppetfan24/7

WeirdoGirl, I love your drawings of Gonzo, Camilla, Boober Fraggle, and Zoot's saxophone. Amwesome job! Keep up with your drawings! I am loving them!
    miss kermie and TheWeirdoGirl like this.
  10. TheWeirdoGirl

Here's a couple more.

This one was inspired by the Muppet's Stars and Stripes Forever video on YouTube.

[​IMG]

I drew this one on the day that Share It Maybe hit the internet... I kind of had Cookie Monster on the brain that day.

[​IMG]
  11. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Gonzo and Camilla are too cute and Zoot's sax with his shades and hat is pretty cool!
  12. TheWeirdoGirl

13. muppetfan24/7

14. TheWeirdoGirl

This started out as just a little pen doodle, but it soon turned into a full, shaded, messy pen sketch of Beaker.

[​IMG]
  15. TheWeirdoGirl

[​IMG]

Just Wemblin' On
    This is the drawing that I almost entered in the Threadless Fraggle Rock t-shirt contest.
  16. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

These are so awesome, good work! :)
    TheWeirdoGirl likes this.
  17. muppetfan24/7

Oh my gosh, WeirdoGirl! I forgot to comment your artwork and I am so sorry. I was busy eith school and Math. Sheesh!

Anyway, your artwork was fantasic. The Beaker artwork with his facial of "Meep" is unbelievably wonderful and that last artwork of Gobo & Wembley... you captured it perfectly well (sniffs) I miss Jim, Jerry, Richard, and my grandparents.

Oh boy, I should be praising your artwork instead of rambling on missing my favorite heroes, etc.
  18. muppetfan24/7

Gosh, is it just me or do these pictures get me so misty-eyed.

I know this is late but you are a true artist. You put your effort on these projects.

Sketch 1:
    I am now realizing Jim was Kermit. Jim sure could not raise his voice unless someone got him mad, but the frog could (LOL!)

Sketch 2:
    That tribute was perfect! I could tell after Jim was gone, everything feel apart in the Muppet world and he felt that he is not as strong as he used to be (that's my opinon).

Sketch 3:
    SQUEEEEEEE! I love this pair of Kermit & Robin (the Jim & Jerry chemistry for those two frogs). (sniffs) I guess now on the next movie, it will be the Steve Whitmire/Matt Vogel chemistry of Kermit & Robin. I know it's not the same, but that is what I am predicting it's going to be nowadays.

Keep posting WeirdoGirl!
    I know you porbably don't do crazy ludicrous things like Gonzo, but you are doing great with your artwork.

P.S.: Sorry about double-posting, but these drawings of yours will always make me smile even if my day truns out really cruddy as ever. 'Nuff said!
  19. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Aww, so cute! ^^
  20. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Wow, I am very impressed with your art styles.

More please!